$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Ellison better than nothing? A few billion isnt a lot? Hmmm

Have to say some people are going to very disappointed with out new owner whoever it may be.

Anything lass than JC himself won't do.

He was at the Spurs game apparently with a claret & blue crucifix. Don't ask me how I know, I just do (ITK)

My mate who works as an auditor for Delloite in London (He's a baggies fan but not really that interested in football) just text me saying 'apparently someone Ronald Pearlman is buying Villa'. 

Googled the name and I think he must have meant a chap called Ronald Perelman, lives in New York apparently. 

Haven't a foggiest if this is true or complete crap but he said someone at work told him. Not ITK don't think he knows what he's on about tbh

Ron Perlman....

Ron+Perlman+AFI+FEST+2010+Presented+Audi

Should be the next Bond villain.

Lots of people made good money on Houllier but lots of people lost money on OGS!

Yeah but that was very very close though. I remember the odds plummeted from 25/1 to something like 2/1 in about an hour because tons of people (myself included) on here were chucking money on him.
Ah the good old days.  I remember being so gutted that we didn't get OGS and got PL.  Looking at it now seems we could've done without either of them.

OGS would have won me several thousand pounds.

The fact that PL's odds went right out and I laid off on him ensured that I didn't lose money.

I reckon that if I had won the several thousand, I would have witnessed more home victories these last two seasons so, on balance, OGS would have been the best pick!

I find the comment about wishing we had OGS bizarre. He's done utterly woeful with Cardiff (who have a decent squad with some quality). If you gave me the choice to go back in time and change him for Lambert knowing what I know now I 100% would not. 

• Like 2

We all would love to be like Man City

I don't. They bore me, frankly. They're a bunch of mercenaries with horrible personalities, playing in a soulless bowl of a stadium with annoying fans.

• Like 1

There's a big difference between spending 18 Million on Charlton and 200 Million on VIlla. I doubt he pulled out of that deal in order to buy us, but you never know I guess.

There aren't any other Championship clubs up for sale are there?

yes SHA! Knuckledraggers United FC

• Like 1

It's just not going to be Ellsion. 

If it's not Anschutz it will be someone of similar wealth to Randy IMO. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, we wont be challenging for the top 4 but we will be a hell of a lot better then we are now.

I would just like to enjoy going to Villa Park again. That will do for me. 

• Like 1

It's just not going to be Ellsion. 

If it's not Anschutz it will be someone of similar wealth to Randy IMO. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, we wont be challenging for the top 4 but we will be a hell of a lot better then we are now.

I would just like to enjoy going to Villa Park again. That will do for me. 

Me too.

Replacing the North stand would be a nice bonus.

• Like 2

Whomever the new owner is I am sure there will be a few not happy.

Nah, we'll get that filthy rich Mexican telecom bloke to buy us, Jurgen klopp in as manager, 1st signing will be a £250k midfielder from brentford.... Meltdown to end all meltdowns...

Depends on your aim. If it is to be 7th or 8th in the league within a couple of years. Nothing.

To finish top 3 regularly 400m plus

And yet Man U have spent GBP 267 million on transfers in last 5 years(138 net) Liverpool 309 total 89 net which is 3 million more than Villa's net spend in last 5 years 179m total and that is disregarding the new FFP rules so again on this thread any time you bandy about fugures I think you're talking out your ass and living in fantasy land.

A man utd team that would have included Rooney ronaldo carrick Ferdinand van der sarr vidic evra etc already.

A man utd side that is widely recognised to have no invested for way too long - bad example

As for FFP I'm surprised no one has mention to you that people on here take the piss out of me for talking about FFP too much I would suggest you stop talking bollocks and read up on FFP more and further to that I posted what would be required to finish in those positions not what is likely to be invested.

What I am about to say is fact not opinion and is a response to today's posts and generally to what fans think about the relationship between owner funding and Premier League football clubs.

I have seen people say if Abramovic or Mansour left their respective clubs that they would go bankrupt within a year and that is simply not true. Both clubs are self sustaining now after the initial massive investment they received.

The reason for this is very simple, both clubs have CL money and receive more money for finishing higher in the league than most other clubs in the league but that isn't the big difference between us and them. The big difference is merchandising and sponsorship as I would be surprised if they earned more than 50m more than us from higher finishing money and group stage money for the CL that doesn't go very far when you pay some players 15m a year in your squad.

Like I said the stand out difference is sponsorship and merchandising. Sponsorship like the stadium naming rights and kit sponsor at Man City is worth 35m a year to them which people say is over the top and the owners circumventing FFP rules however Man Utd are reported to be signing a deal for 60m a year just for their shirt sponsorship and their training kit deal is worth 20m a year so that puts that myth to shame.

Merchandising is mostly selling shirts to people all over the world.

Ok Paul your not telling me much I don't know already here.....

Ok but why do those clubs get that kind of merchandising sales and sponsorship? Simple they win things and playing at the top end of the table. When some kid in China or Africa chooses an Premier League club they usually pick them because of how they play, a player who plays for them or because they are win things. In some cultures being a winner is a really attractive thing for example.

So when Mansour pops into Man City or Abramovic pop into Chelsea and drops a ton of money on the club it may seem really dumb financially but it actually isn't. What that money buys is success when you spend on that kind of level and that in turn buys you the foreign fans and unfortunately more and more in this country the kids of that generation here (how many more top 5 teams tops do you see on kids these days?). That is the merchandising revenue sorted and now the sponsors want you because of those fans following you and your exposure in the media.

Simple.

The owners get their money back by having a self sustaining club and when they eventually sell on the club is worth loads of money. It isn't hard to imagine City selling for over 500m now is it? Especially in a few years time with a few more cups under their belt and those benefits I just talked about doesn't take into account the other business benefits that someone like Mansour profits from with his Man City connection which are well known.

So to anyone who didn't understand that before I hope that debunked a few myths about these top owners just being in it for a benevolence factor.

Abramovic and Mansur will never make a profit off their investments, they will never get their money back. You might be able to make a club sustainable after a while, but that is only after a vast investment that far outweighs any increase in the value of the club. And missing out on CL for a couple of seasons makes you very unsustainable again.

To use Man utd revenue as an example is not a valid comparison, Man utd and even Liverpool have a following that far outweighs teams like Chelsea and Man City, it would take a generation to change this. No jonny come lately clubs have anything close to this sponsorship potential without their owners paying vastly over the odds .

Merchandising worldwide is not the potential cash cow you seem to think, few countries will sell more than a few thousand Man City shirts a season. Most people can't afford them. City will get a few promotional gigs, but the main ones all go to Utd, Barca and Real, etc.

I live in Indonesia, and there is probably 1 Chelsea fan for every 40 Man Utd fans. For Man City it probably 1 in 100. Yes, people here choose the successful teams to support or teams with popular players, but this is also very fickle, a few poor seasons and they won't stick around or a few transfers of the popular players can have the same effect. You used to see Leeds and Blackburn shirts in Asia, not so much now.

Man Utd and Liverpool are the 2 exceptions to the fickle fan. Man Utd probably have 30 'corporate partners' here, Man City promote an energy drink for manual labourers.

There is no business model in investing in an English Premiership football club and throwing cash around. A few titles will never give you the clout of Man Utd. It won't even make you Liverpool.

A few years of success doesn't make you an elite worldwide brand, and unless you are one of the brand name clubs, you only get left with their crumbs.

What I said is based off facts not opinions such as people can't afford tops. This is about the numbers these clubs report on their books.

Ask yourself the question how much would Chelsea sell for? You can check it against their losses and purchase price.

Also Chelsea for example have more revenue than Arsenal now.

Everything I said is checkable and right

Edited by suttonpaul

Yeah he's worth around 50 billion ain't 95% of the tied up into charity's? If so that leaves him a few billion, how much of that few bill do you think would come our way? . Lets face it the money Villa need to return to former glory and catch up with the top 4 or 5 teams would be massive amounts, then you have the age factor 70 years of age how long would Villa play a part in his life?.

Realistically it makes no sense for a man like Ellison to buy Villa.

NO!

When he dies he is leaving 95% of his wealth to bill gates charity that's it nothing to do with his wealth while he is alive.

Whomever the new owner is I am sure there will be a few not happy.

Nah, we'll get that filthy rich Mexican telecom bloke to buy us, Jurgen klopp in as manager, 1st signing will be a £250k midfielder from brentford.... Meltdown to end all meltdowns...
He owns deportivo