$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I had been thinking before what if at the time of Lerner's original statement we were in advanced talks with a potential new owner but since they'd walked away from the deal for whatever reason.

Any else remember 2006 when Sky got hysterical about their "scoop" that Lerner had bailed out of the Ellis sale and was flying back to the States and how everyone (well, me anyway) thought Ellis had somehow **** it all up for us and what a **** he was and blah, blah, blah...

We know nothing about what goes on. Even info that it's off would be suspicious in light of the above. It's only fun to speculate if you accept we know absolutely jack shit about any of this.

"Talk of days for which they sit and wait / When all will be revealed"

There's so many conflicting things coming out from credible and not so credible sources alike that at this point. Best just to wait and see what's in that statement and then go from there. For the record I don't think the statement will be something conclusive like "The club is not up for sale" or "The club has been sold to X consortium". IMO it will be something vague and won't really give us many answers.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

Any else remember 2006 when Sky got hysterical about their "scoop" that Lerner had bailed out of the Ellis sale and was flying back to the States and how everyone (well, me anyway) thought Ellis had somehow **** it all up for us and what a **** he was and blah, blah, blah...

We know nothing about what goes on. Even info that it's off would be suspicious in light of the above. It's only fun to speculate if you accept we know absolutely jack shit about any of this.

"Talk of days for which they sit and wait / When all will be revealed"

I suppose its where in the chain of events you hear the rumour  - for example

You get wind of a lunchtime meeting - which went well ........its all on (rumours spread)

Later that same day 

The legals find a snag - someone gets a glance of an email - its all off (rumours spread)

Even later

A late night telephone call resolves the differences (its on again)

But no many people hear the same 3 snippets - so whilst some are adamant its on - others its off......

My hunch is that Trent is working on stuff further down the line than Graham Taylor .....so I don't reckon T/O is on....

• Like 1

no offence to trent but sir graham would probably know people higher up in the hierachy.

Yes - but he said today 'I heard a deal is done if villa stay up'  ie the original story, a couple of weeks back.....

no offence to trent but sir graham would probably know people higher up in the hierachy.

Most of the heirarchy has completely changed in the last few years, and are incredibly secretive.