$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Benitez would be a good choice if were taken over with money

This would be my first choice. I think he could be tempted back to the UK for the right job

Thirded, players play for him and has a good pedigree. Would build us back up with the right money.

As I say the poster said the manager being considered was an Italian with connections to Lazio. And I don't know if the guy really has any inside scoop on whats happening behind the scenes or what.

As I say the poster said the manager being considered was an Italian with connections to Lazio. And I don't know if the guy really has any inside scoop on whats happening behind the scenes or what.

Di Matteo.

Imagine if we do get this takeover and they appoint Di Matteo as manager, that would be quite underwhelming :lol:

Klinsmann for FFS. He has just signed a four year extension to coach the US team through the next world cup. He lives in California and has a family there and even when he was Germany coach still based himself out of there. He is not leaving the USA anytime soon as if someone in the know says that his is next Villa manager --they are full of it. IMHO

Thats a bold statement 

But an accurate one!

Can you honestly see Klinsmann giving up waking up in the sun in his villa overlooking the ocean in California for a 2up, 2down in Aston?

You've used extreme examples to try and prove a point. If he came (and I agree, I don't think he would anyway) he'd live in a mansion in a lovely part of the Midlands. Money talks! 

Di Matteo.

Di Canio?

• Like 1

Sven Goran Eriksson was the name that popped into my head.

Didn't he say he was Italian?

Most probably Mancini then might even signal the return of Platt.

If we are to get a manager I would not want anyone like Benitez, who already has an association with a club bigger than us, remember Houlier? I've seen OGS creaming at the thought of United doing well as well this season while he's been managing Cardiff. I think we need someone who can come in and basically see Villa as a job where they can make their name, much like Rodgers has at Liverpool, not as a stepping stone, in fairness to Lambert i think he sees that he could do that here but that is for a different thread. I definitely do not want someone who will come in and be off in 2 years after a good spell. We need someone long term, with age on their side who plays good effective football. Look at players like Carew, Laursen & Mellberg who have all played for genuine top top clubs in Europe but yet have undying love for the Villa. That's what I want from the manager, not someone who's thinking Van Gaal will be off in 2/3 years. If he's foreign fair enough but someone up and coming is what we need.

• Like 2

I don't think I could take seeing that smarmy moody git Mancinis face in our dugout

Benitez's fat Spanish waiter face however would be brilliant

Exactly what we need if we get taken over

Knowledge of the prem, fantastic pedigree and ability to attract some hefty names

I also think Laursen could build a bit of a legacy with a bit of money behind him

Edited by sonic_bouma

I don't think he's the second coming that RAWK seem to think he is but any villa fan saying no to Rafa needs their head checking

He'd want money but he'd be brilliant for us, I'd even go as far as to say we'd be punching above our weight if we got him in, CL level manager

• Like 4