$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Sure is hopeful here. How sad it would be if Lerner just released a statement that he is staying and he explains this season and that he understand that the team needs more investment, but we cannot afford it.

Sure is hopeful here. How sad it would be if Lerner just released a statement that he is staying and he explains this season and that he understand that the team needs more investment, but we cannot afford it.

Lerner would have stayed quiet if that was the case. RL is passing on the baton for another guy to have a shot at it. It is a new era.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 2

Lerner would have stayed quiet if that was the case. RL is passing on the baton for another guy to have a shot at it. It is a new era.

Hope you're right gentleman, been so long since we had something real to look forward to, I just can't get too carried away with it all. I hold out hope though.

UTV

• Like 1

Is everyone ok if it's russian money, after the last few months?

I hadn't really thought about it until you mentioned it, but purely in footballing terms, I wouldn't mind a Russian owner. If they stump up the money, I don't think I'd mind who it was. Unless they brought the club in to disrepute, I'd hate to see the AV name dragged through the mud because of an owner, like the SHA owner banged up in jail. Morally speaking, I suppose it would be harsh to label all Russian owners with the same brush; I don't like a lot of things the UK government have done in the past, so I wouldn't like someone to imply that I am part of those decisions when I'm not. Interesting question.
I agree with you that not all russians should be judged by what's going on.

At the same time russian billionaires are either pals of, or at the very least accepted by, Putin or in jail.

I wouldn't want our team or name be tarnished in any way because of some connection to global politics like this.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

Interesting that that Admin chap has said the the 'new owner' was at VP and not new owners.

I guess that rules out the fairytales of it being Ellison or even Anschultz as they're pretty recognisable, but this is on the proviso that Admin knows anything at all.

Still think a statement to be released this week? 

Can't see it myself, think it will be the week after.

No Russians pls.

So you don't want anybody Putin loads of money into Villa?

Sorry

Lerner needs to stop Stalin and sell the club already.

Don't know how to break this to you fella... lerner doesn't need to stop Stalin, he is already dead!

Look at what he said again, he all but said i'm selling but we need to survive and thats the main focus at the moment..

Theres no way Lerner would come out and say we can't afford any investment this summer even if it were true either, would be a bizarre comment and would cause fury, sales hits, tickets hits etc etc. He's going to come out and say he has either sold or is in the process of selling. For me that is undoubtedly what he will say. Even Lambert hinted that it was obvious what the message was behind lerners statement.

• Like 2

Still think a statement to be released this week? 

Can't see it myself, think it will be the week after.

Agreed.

I hadn't really thought about it until you mentioned it, but purely in footballing terms, I wouldn't mind a Russian owner. If they stump up the money, I don't think I'd mind who it was. Unless they brought the club in to disrepute, I'd hate to see the AV name dragged through the mud because of an owner, like the SHA owner banged up in jail. Morally speaking, I suppose it would be harsh to label all Russian owners with the same brush; I don't like a lot of things the UK government have done in the past, so I wouldn't like someone to imply that I am part of those decisions when I'm not. Interesting question.

At the same time russian billionaires are either pals of, or at the very least accepted by, Putin or in jail.

I wouldn't want our team or name be tarnished in any way because of some connection to global politics like this.

Meh, I'd suggest that any individual (russian or otherwise) who has amassed vast swathes of personal wealth has probably had to make some moral compromises along the way. but haters gon hate

Meh, I'd suggest that any individual (russian or otherwise) who has amassed vast swathes of personal wealth has probably had to make some moral compromises along the way. but haters gon hate

To be clear I'm not saying we should absolutely not have a russian owner. But I think it's a relevant issue in this time.

My own feeling is that I would rather have for example an American owner.

Edited by AVTuco

I still think it's going to be Anschutz. But definitely wouldn't be against the Texas guys. Sounds like they did a really good professional job with the Texas Rangers, something we're desperate for.

• Like 1

Also. It may serve the club well to secretly invest in new players before the take over is confirmed, so that we do not get held to ransom by all other Clubs once they realise there is cash to splash.

eg. If we agreed with the potential new regime that we would buy Lewis Holtby say for £10M & that they could pick up the tab later,this would then stop Spuds asking us for £20M plus a few weeks down the line once the rumoured take over becomes official.

Also, this would allow us to get good business done early & prepare us for the new season & avoid all the last day & minute drama of the transfer window.