$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Asked whether he would be attending the ceremony at Villa Park on Tuesday evening, Lambert, whose job is at risk, hesitated before putting a brave face on the situation.

“Yeah, well, I don’t... I intend to because I’ve just bought a bow tie,” he said. “I don’t want to pay three pounds for a bow tie and not turn up.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-lambert-reacts-another-afternoon-7104028

Oh dear.

I guess there's always EBay, Paul...

This one?

$T2eC16V,!yUFIb7Qvu(1BSWu-+JMgw~~60_35.J

Or this one?

$_35.JPG

mr-tumble.jpg

?

Organic growth? Dead and buried in the modern age.

A more organic growth was my point. But that's just the perfect way for me. I suppose there's many who just want it now. The MTV generation.

• Like 1

If your going to spend your going to spend whats the difference between spending 2 million per player or 12 million per player in terms of having a soul or being all organic.

Organic growth? Dead and buried in the modern age.

A more organic growth was my point. But that's just the perfect way for me. I suppose there's many who just want it now. The MTV generation.

Oaks, I think many, many of us would like to achieve success through organic growth and in many ways despise the way money has come to dominate the game. However, IMHO it is no longer possible to do it organically in what is supposed to be the most competitive league in the world. Like F1, premiership football is a big, big money sport and if an owner is ambitious and seeks success they have to invest if they don't they are just making up the numbers. For me it isn't about wanting it now, it is about being able to compete.

• Like 2

There's a massive catchment area around us. We're the biggest club in 100 square miles with little or no competition in our own city. If we are successful there's more room to grow than Man City for instance.

I don't really want Man City type investment. It takes the gloss off any success you have. I want clear, clever more organic investment, I want the best young players we can get and make them into stars rather buying the best off the shelf. Oh and I want a **** big television.

I don't think the catchment area is big too be honest. Wolves, blues and WBA fans are definitely not going to change support and are reasonably sized clubs. People from Coventry hate Birmingham an anything to associate with them. Further afield there is Leicester who also hate us.

(Waiting for smart alecs with comments pre edit)

Edited by mikeyp102

Although we had wanted good news as soon as we could get it this lacked the detail we had hoped for. Given it was also made public on the same day that the England World Cup squad was it soon became the second biggest sports news of the day at best given WBA are now looking for a new boss. I really hope we have been looking for a new owner before today and that we can have one in place sooner rather than later because that is the news we need to have.   

I might bid for villa, and pay for the club in blow jobs..

£200 million quids' worth of blow jobs.

I'd pay for players in the same way. 

Cheeky £150m bid for Messi perhaps? :lol:

How much a go?

What's fair?

a quid?

You'd have to allow that you'd probably get a lot better at it the more you did, and up your price accordingly. I can do the projections if you want, doing nothing else today at work.

Well if we say that after every 100 BJs (Big_Johns), my skill goes up 0.05% - thus, so does my pricing, how many BJs would it take to get to £200 million?

Sorry was on lunch just under 23,600 big johns.

Alright, gonna be a busy afternoon for you at The Hawthorns then. 

• Like 1

It's good news. All the cost cutting was for the sale. The club is in sound financial condition, and due to reap a new TV deal windfall. Hopefully the sale happens sooner rathe than later and we can turn the page on Lerner.

Wow, go out for a few hours, come back and the end of season dinner has been canceled and we now know who will be handling the sale. I hope this all sorts itself out soon because I've got a shitload of exams at the moment. :lol:

My own lad is in the same boat.Good luck with them exams matey.

Wow, go out for a few hours, come back and the end of season dinner has been canceled and we now know who will be handling the sale. I hope this all sorts itself out soon because I've got a shitload of exams at the moment. :lol:

My own lad is in the same boat.Good luck with them exams matey.

Thanks. Got one every day of this week except Friday so I hope it all goes quiet until then. ;)

There's a massive catchment area around us. We're the biggest club in 100 square miles with little or no competition in our own city. If we are successful there's more room to grow than Man City for instance.

I don't really want Man City type investment. It takes the gloss off any success you have. I want clear, clever more organic investment, I want the best young players we can get and make them into stars rather buying the best off the shelf. Oh and I want a **** big television.

I don't think the catchment area is big too be honest. Wolves, blues and WBA fans are definitely not going to change support and are reasonably sized clubs. People from Coventry hate Birmingham an anything to associate with them. Further afield there is Leicester who also hate us.

(Waiting for smart alecs with comments pre edit)

All medium to small clubs really. When you look at what Man City and Everton have to compeate with.

The words 'if possible' and 'individual or group' doesn't fill me with hope. This needs to happen fast and it needs to be right. I hope there are some advanced negotiations behind the scenes that we don't know about... Lambert due to fly out to the states this week apparently. Hopefully he'll actually be told what's going on now himself

The words 'if possible' and 'individual or group' doesn't fill me with hope. This needs to happen fast and it needs to be right. I hope there are some advanced negotiations behind the scenes that we don't know about... Lambert due to fly out to the states this week apparently. Hopefully he'll actually be told what's going on now himself

I wouldn't panic, if anything this will bring even more out ready to bid, who might have been put off before.

I still feel better than if Lerner had come out and effectively said "we go again". With the same financial restraints as the last couple of seasons I think we would be in deep trouble next season. At least now we have a chance with a new owner.

I'm optimistic something will happen sooner rather than later.

Josh Whipple is another name mentioned. He's at BOA but based in Los Angeles.

Here's some mindless speculation and something I've only just thought of: why instruct someone in LA to advise on a sale? :detect:

Why not New York?

BOA have an office in both, but LA is on the West side of the US. It's close to Redwood City. Whose headquarters in Redwood City is only an hour and half flight from LA? ;)

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Feel really disappointed to be honest, sort of had a idea the statement would be along those lines but was secretly hoping for the billionaire takeover to be true. I really don't kno where the Club goes from hear. What if a buyer isn't found? I really don't think we can survive another season the state the club is in