$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I just can't see the point in speculating on this.

The reality is if and I do say if we are for sale or even close to being sold a tiny number of people will have knowledge of it and they aren't the sort of people to chat about it in the pub or leak it on forums.

We are probably a week or so away from hearing from Lerner again so until that point I think speculation on the identity of new owners is rather pointless personally.

• Like 3

Re the moving to NEC, no thanks. I love Villa park. It woul mean a home game would go from a small round trip of 20 miles to approx 35, it would be soulless and it wouldn't be the villa. I woul have no problem with us expanding VP and filling in all the sides, I wouldn't even care that much if it had a sponsors name ( as will still be known as VP). But I would hate leaving.

• Like 3

The reality is if and I do say if we are for sale or even close to being sold a tiny number of people will have knowledge of it and they aren't the sort of people to chat about it in the pub or leak it on forums.

We are probably a week or so away from hearing from Lerner again so until that point I think speculation on the identity of new owners is rather pointless personally.

Speculating on speculating?

Trent. Trent. Trent. ;):P

And the last people to know are going to be 3 or 4 people posting on a newly formed forum.

Yes there is something going on at VP but it may be far more mundane than some people hope for.

Yes - but I would think it would leak out ?  - Ellison's jet lands @ BHX , Randy seen at AEG HQ ? ,  A solicitor's Cclerk just can't keep his job shut .......

I am sceptical of the whole thing , I just its such a big deal, that if it were close we would have a strong rumour of who it is ...in reality we don't - were jusr googling the USA rich list...

I wonder what Derby fans think about watching their club at Pride Park compared to the Baseball Ground, or Sunderland fans or Man City Fans or Arsenal fans or the 20 Walsall fans think........

Better facilities, better view, easier transport links with better parking watching a much improved Villa team playing.

• Like 2

If AEG, their interest is only going to be on the basis of having Villa as the anchor tenant for a stadium competitive with Wembley. Whether that means the NEC or knocking most of Aston down to build a new stadium and parking lots near VP....

• Like 1

Yes - but I would think it would leak out ?  - Ellison's jet lands @ BHX , Randy seen at AEG HQ ? ,  A solicitor's Cclerk just can't keep his job shut .......

I am sceptical of the whole thing , I just its such a big deal, that if it were close we would have a strong rumour of who it is ...in reality we don't - were jusr googling the USA rich list...

It HAS been spilling out though. There has been rumours and speculation over the past few weeks. Both PA and RL are reclusive characters, and the people involved would have signed confidentiality agreements. It would be a lot easier to keep things quiet from the British press being based in the USA, even then The Sun did a report on Lerner wanting to sell a few months back. Just relax and see what happens.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

I wonder what Derby fans think about watching their club at Pride Park compared to the Baseball Ground, or Sunderland fans or Man City Fans or Arsenal fans or the 20 Walsall fans think........

Better facilities, better view, easier transport links with better parking watching a much improved Villa team playing.

The baseball ground and roker park were sheds. Arsenal couldn't expand and neither could Man City and when offered a ground cheap they bit the councils hand off. We have a magnificent stadium which can be expanded to meet any immediate demand. IF we needed extra seats down the road I would with a heavy heart agree to a move as long as the ground was something special with a massive main stand that could be called the new Holte End and be as big and as special as it was when it was standing! I think we are some way away from that yet though.

• Like 4

How do takes overs normally be revealed?  Is it the outgoing owner who says we have sold to such n such or is it the new owner who comes in with pom pom girls announcing himself as the new owner?

If its the latter then when is Lerner making a statement?

Philip Anschutz - I guess this would make the most sense, everything seemingly falling into place.

- Playing his MLS team in pre season

- AEG being linked with buying the NEC

Very nice if it comes off.

I floated the idea on here yesterday, and quite a few were against the NEC idea. Now it is all probably Pie in the Sky, but I think it would be an interesting proposition if it were to happen.

If we are thinking big plans for Villa, I think it is a great idea.

Positives as I see them = Train Station/Airport/ and lots of Parking would make an ideal venue for Champions League matches. Fill the stadium with some quality players and there is a big catchment area of potential supporters. It is only about 15 mins from Bodymoor Heath. Modern Stadium with better toilets, concourses, and food/drink outlets. Stadium sponsorship would be easier to take, and would generate extra funds for team building.

The Negatives as I see them = Loss of Villa Park, and the memories and History. Local fans would have to travel further at extra cost. Many might see it as another soul-less modern stadium.

There are probably many more positives and negatives that I haven't thought of, and I am sure a lot on here would point them out.

The question is can we afford to say no to such a thing? Us Fans are always saying that you cannot stand still in this game, otherwise you lose ground on your opponents. With Spurs, West Ham and possibly Liverpool moving soon, and Arsenal, Man City already in new stadia. That is also ignoring Man Utd already in a 70k stadium. We risk being left well behind. I guess we need to ask ourselves as supporters, do we want to embrace moving forward or stick to tradition and the past. It is tough, as none of us want to leave behind the memories as it was what made us. But the happy memories from the past will remain, and the opportunity for happy memories in the future will improve.

The points I mentioned wasn't to do with moving to the NEC, just that AEG are interested in buying it. I think adding villa to this would be an extra bonus.

There's zero reason to leave villa park. The other stadiums you mentione all need a fair bit of work doing to them, hence why a new place makes sense. Villa Park is great now and has the option to expand it.

How do takes overs normally be revealed? Is it the outgoing owner who says we have sold to such n such or is it the new owner who comes in with pom pom girls announcing himself as the new owner?

A statement is rumoured for after the match on Sunday/Monday. I'd imagine Lerner would announce he was planning to sell or has sold. That's what happened with Fulham recently Edited by TheEgo
  • Like 1

How do takes overs normally be revealed? Is it the outgoing owner who says we have sold to such n such or is it the new owner who comes in with pom pom girls announcing himself as the new owner?

A statement is rumoured for after the match on Sunday/Monday. I'd imagine Lerner would announce he was planning to sell or has sold. That's what happened with Fulham recently

So he says ive sold, but doesnt mention to who.  Let them get their hooray moment then as well?