$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

What about if this safe standing thing goes ahead would that not increase the potential capacity?

No it wouldn't - I think the main point behind safe standing is that you stand where your seat is, you have the back of the seat to lean on but no lower seat. This means everyone isn't cramped in like the old days, and hence it becomes safer, so it's like an away day atmosphere.

• Like 1

Someonone has pointed out on another forum that Anschutz and General Krulak both served as directors at Union Pacific and the two of them were also board members of Georgetown University at the same time.

Although I've a feeling this announcement might be a bit more ambiguous than we'd hope.

We've not even been taken over yet and we can't fill VP as it is, why on earth have there been so many pages debating new stadiums and moves away from VP?

Because it's a forum thread about a potential take over.

I wouldn't be against moving from villa park to a more central location next to Aston University and actually in aston not Witton. but it is never going to happen. One of the reasons Everton haven't been bought yet is the fact any owner is going to have to spend hundreds of millions on building a new stadiym plus millions on new players. They just don't make financial sense to buy for that reason . So the summarise we aren't going to be leaving the perfectly good villa park for the NEC

• Like 1

If AEG, their interest is only going to be on the basis of having Villa as the anchor tenant for a stadium competitive with Wembley. Whether that means the NEC or knocking most of Aston down to build a new stadium and parking lots near VP....

I wouldn't have a problem if it meant knocking most of Aston down as it is a dump anyway.

Aston may be a dump but we have a Premier League team named after our town, one of the best University's named after our town, have a motorway named after us and have the all famous HP sauce originating from Aston!!

Since when did Aston become a town?

Right so any potential takeover automatically means were moving or expanding VP... Thanks for clearing that up bud.

No worries glad you undertand now. If you get stuck with anything else give me a shout.

If the new manager rumour that I heard at the weekend is true then there will be a meltdown on here!

If it's the name I was told last night then it won't be meltdown for the right reasons....

If the new manager rumour that I heard at the weekend is true then there will be a meltdown on here!

If it's the name I was told last night then it won't be meltdown for the right reasons....

I'vw just been told a name in the last few minutes (by me), but I don't like to talk about it.

• Like 3