$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Philip Anschutz - I guess this would make the most sense, everything seemingly falling into place.

- Playing his MLS team in pre season

- AEG being linked with buying the NEC

Very nice if it comes off.

• Like 2

Dinkleham from TBAR:

Re: Special Announcement: New Owner (or maybe not)

Post by Dinkleham Today at 12:00 am

Philip Anschutz new owner... hearing he has other backers with him... Phliip Anschutz as main man though... all done... trying to get other names.

Does this information match what the rest of your minge teasing bastards have heard?

mel_b.jpg

• Like 1

Amazed that if it is true about Anshutz that the press have no idea whatsoever but a guy that posts on a fans forum does?

There could be a legal block on reporting it until a certain time i suppose but you're right, dont know why people cling on to random posters every word.

Philip Anschutz - I guess this would make the most sense, everything seemingly falling into place.

- Playing his MLS team in pre season

- AEG being linked with buying the NEC

Very nice if it comes off.

I floated the idea on here yesterday, and quite a few were against the NEC idea. Now it is all probably Pie in the Sky, but I think it would be an interesting proposition if it were to happen.

If we are thinking big plans for Villa, I think it is a great idea.

Positives as I see them = Train Station/Airport/ and lots of Parking would make an ideal venue for Champions League matches. Fill the stadium with some quality players and there is a big catchment area of potential supporters. It is only about 15 mins from Bodymoor Heath. Modern Stadium with better toilets, concourses, and food/drink outlets. Stadium sponsorship would be easier to take, and would generate extra funds for team building.

The Negatives as I see them = Loss of Villa Park, and the memories and History. Local fans would have to travel further at extra cost. Many might see it as another soul-less modern stadium.

There are probably many more positives and negatives that I haven't thought of, and I am sure a lot on here would point them out.

The question is can we afford to say no to such a thing? Us Fans are always saying that you cannot stand still in this game, otherwise you lose ground on your opponents. With Spurs, West Ham and possibly Liverpool moving soon, and Arsenal, Man City already in new stadia. That is also ignoring Man Utd already in a 70k stadium. We risk being left well behind. I guess we need to ask ourselves as supporters, do we want to embrace moving forward or stick to tradition and the past. It is tough, as none of us want to leave behind the memories as it was what made us. But the happy memories from the past will remain, and the opportunity for happy memories in the future will improve.

• Like 3

Getting some strong readings on the bullshitometer in here.

If you got a roumur, post it, just saying "omgz massive things are happening, meltdown imminent !!1!1!" Just make you come off as a attention seeker with 0 credibility. Atleast with a bs roumur theres some discussion about it irregardless if everyone can see how highly unlikely it is.but these post just spawn another ten posts of people begging for info. Is it really Worth it?

Any donkey can see that there is something going on with villa

How could any potential new owner step foot in an empty villa park, look around the stadium, walk onto the pitch and then decide they want to move away from it? 

Agreed.

I'll be gutted if we move away from Villa Park. It's where I spent some of the best days of my childhood.

• Like 3

How could any potential new owner step foot in an empty villa park, look around the stadium, walk onto the pitch and then decide they want to move away from it?

Money

Would be a sad day if we ever did move away from Villa Park.

We should start a rumour that one of PA's "backers" is actually Ellison :lol: 

When this thread eventually gets locked it will be like looking back through a Haynes car manual again once more after you have repaired your motor & realising that the answer on how to fix it was staring you in the face & was bleedin' obvious all along.