Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

If and when we are looking for a new manager and its these wonderous new owners with deep pockets I would be elated to have David Moyes here. I think the goals set for him by ManU in the first season were unrealistic. A place like Villa where expectations wouldn't be sky high right out of the gate would be perfect for his success.

• Like 1

I think after the last 3 seasons, the emphasis has to be on a more entertaining style of football.

I accept that nobody wants to win "ugly" but we've had our fair share of it hence the importance of style of play.

I still maintain that Lambert is as safe a bet as most "realistic" targets & I would have no problem to give him 12 more months to see what he can do with a bit of cash & a higher wage ceiling.

I have a feeling that this won't happen though & Lambert knows he's gone if we're taken over.

Stefan

I don't doubt for a single minute that Moyes would turn things around for us.

My concern is that his style is a bit dated & with the influx of foreign managers during the period he's managed in the PL, I feel he's been left behind a bit or that football has moved on.

The first 2 seasons under Moyes would be terrible.

"Realistically", he is as good as we're likely to get, even allowing for the takeover. I just worry about the football we'd play under him.

What the **** does progressive mean !?! Last year progressive meant passing up your own arse..... Playing wank tiki taki or that bolloks - this year it means counter attacking at pace...which funny enough is what MON was doing 6 years ago.

Football is only good one way, when youre winning !!

moyes was ok at everton.

but Martinez has taken the same bunch of players to the next level

that just shows how dated moyes style is

I think Lukaku might have helped just a little bit with Everton's position. Moyes didn't have him.

• Like 1

How about Tony Pullis? There was a report in one of the papers that he's got a strained relationship with the chairman and Newcastle might make a move for him. The report also mentioned that Pardew would be candidate to move in the opposite way.

Moyes is good manager but if we get new owners I think they'll want to go for a banner name to announce their arrival.

Thing about Moyes is he was on a 6 year contract.

If he's got any sense, he'll retire or at least take a long break.

Utd may even have put a clause in his pay off deal that he can't manage another team or he looses his pay off. Think Chelsea did something similar with AVB

Murat Yakin.

yes exactly!! can't believe people are all going on about Moyes!! When a forward thinking, brilliant tactician like Murat Yakin could be tempted to Villa Park! Plays youngsters, brings them on properly, beaten lot of big teams in Champions League! and he is only 39!! for me, he is very much in Martinez mould! and deserves a crack in Premiership!

He is better than most of the suggestion already posted in this thread! If you have never heard of him, suggest you do :D:P

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

Moyes, Lambert, McLeish, O'Neil, boring, boring, boring. I want a dynamic manager from the continent, fed up with all these tactically inept managers. Counter attack football is played when nothing else works against hard attacking teams only, not Crystal Palace & stoke. This is were our guy was clueless.

• Like 2

moyes was ok at everton.

but Martinez has taken the same bunch of players to the next level

that just shows how dated moyes style is

That bunch of players built by Moyes you mean? They're currently flirting around 4th to 5th, which is nothing they hadn't done before under Moyes and only possible because of the fall of Man Utd. 

Moyes, Lambert, McLeish, O'Neil, boring, boring, boring. I want a dynamic manager from the continent, fed up with all these tactically inept managers. Counter attack football is played when nothing else works against hard attacking teams only, not Crystal Palace & stoke. This is were our guy was clueless.

Amen!!

Murat Yakin.

yes exactly!! can't believe people are all going on about Moyes!! When a forward thinking, brilliant tactician like Murat Yakin could be tempted to Villa Park! Plays youngsters, brings them on properly, beaten lot of big teams in Champions League! and he is only 39!! for me, he is very much in Martinez mould! and deserves a crack in Premiership!

He is better than most of the suggestion already posted in this thread! If you have never heard of him, suggest you do :D:P

Just looked him up, does have a good record. Do people think he is ready to leave and take the step up?