Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

Jageika, Pienaar, Coleman, Fellaini (he was class for Everton), Distin, Lescott, Neville, Arteta, Cahill.

Even players like Gravesen, Carsley, Yakubu (even though his fee was stupid) did a good job for them.

• Like 3

Who the f*ck do we think we are??!

I would take Moyes at the drop of a hat. 10x the manager Lambert is. Would improve us no end, we have a massive battle to get back to 7th place, and Moyes was doing that on a shoe string. He's never really had money.

The best teams are built from the back, and that exactly what we are missing. I can't think of anyone else we could get who wouldn't be a gamble.

We are the perfect fit, the only Manager I would have instead is Martinez, and he's turned us down once, and his stock is on the rise while ours is shite.

• Like 3

Agree with Stefan. His transfer record at Everton was, on the whole, impressive. Due to his failure of his time at United, there does seem to be widespread revisionism of his managerial career prior to that.

• Like 1

Jageika, Pienaar, Coleman, Fellaini (he was class for Everton), Distin, Lescott, Neville, Arteta, Cahill.

Even players like Gravesen, Carsley, Yakubu (even though his fee was stupid) did a good job for them.

Ha! Completely forgotten about Gravesen. We could do with him in our side!

• Like 1

I don't think Lambert plays negative football through choice at all. Some of the highest quality goals I've seen Villa score have been under him. Martin O'Neill, Gerard Houllier and McLeish don't even come close to the counter attacking, movement of the ball and pure ambition of some of the goals we've managed despite being in poor league positions on tight budgets! 

To name a few Weimann's at Liverpool last season to go 2-0 up, the build up play with Benteke is world class. Lowton's against Stoke last season. Benteke's against Norwich this season. Stuff out of the Champions League from players who were unheard of at the beginning of last season.

Lowton's and Benteke's were just moments of individual brilliance though, not related to the build-up or anything like that. Weimann's at Anfield was special I admit but moments like that have been few and far between under Lambert. Ultimately, we had about three months of good football in two seasons.

Also, the reason Houllier 'didn't come close' to Lambert when it came to the counter-attack is because he played possession football.

Do we risk keeping Lambert with more money....now there's a thought.

I have a great respect for Lambert the man, he has integrity, but I have serious doubts about him as a manager. If this takeover is by some crazy monied owner lets shoot for the stars and get someone really really good.

I don't think Lambert plays e negative football through choice at all. Some of the highest quality goals I've seen Villa score have been under him. Martin O'Neill, Gerard Houllier and McLeish don't even come close to the counter attacking, movement of the ball and pure ambition of some of the goals we've managed despite being in poor league positions on tight budgets! 

To name a few Weimann's at Liverpool last season to go 2-0 up, the build up play with Benteke is world class. Lowton's against Stoke last season. Benteke's against Norwich this season. Stuff out of the Champions League from players who were unheard of at the beginning of last season.

OK but what about the other 95% of the time we spent watching total shite?

moyes would be excellent for us, in my opinion, notwithstanding the last several months....

he had years of making an everton team of limited budget outperform with consistent top half finishes - he developed talent from no-names into established players at international level, or going to the big clubs...

that to me is exactly what we need, and in my opinion, if we thought for a second we could get him at any point in our recent managerial roundabout, the club would have jumped at the opportunity....

having him at villa with a very big point to prove i think would be great for the club. i would be very interested to find out how he rates our squad - are their enough players that he thinks he can turn a consistently bottom half team into a consistently top half team?

in my mind, he will be able to choose from a raft of teams outside of the champions league places, and the question to him will be which squad does he think has the most potential for his playing style to convert that team into one challenging for the europa league places.

the equation for me is very simple - we need to become a team like that for a number of seasons before we are in a position to consider how we push into the champion's league places.... i'd think moyes has a better chance than the vast majority of those out there. in fact, i can't think of any manager out there who has consistently done it developing a squad on the budget that he had....

as far as young, hungry managers coming up - how many of them have actually made a successful go of it? pocchetino perhaps, but he has been fortunate enough to bring through real talent at very little cost in lallana, lambert, shaw, rodriguez, ward-prowse, schneiderlin etc., all of whom were already in place, i believe, when he got there....  

i'd also point out that martinez and rodgers have done well, but have done so with squads they inherited.... how much quality do we really have for our next manager to inherit?

We all have our own opinions which some agree and disagree with which is fair enough but nobody is right or wrong at times, Some folk say go for a foreign coach but who realistically could we get? If we stay British and Lambert leaves who could we get?

As a foreign coach I said Laudrup with Martin Laursen and British then Moyes would be a good fit, both just imo, I have been slated already over the Foreign choice but it is only my opinion as a longstanding Villa fan that's all.

Suggestions of people like Klopp,Simeone etc; are light years away I am afraid, Unless we get serious investment we could end up keeping Lambert as who else would work under the constraints?

We all have our own opinions which some agree and disagree with which is fair enough but nobody is right or wrong at times, Some folk say go for a foreign coach but who realistically could we get? If we stay British and Lambert leaves who could we get?

As a foreign coach I said Laudrup with Martin Laursen and British then Moyes would be a good fit, both just imo, I have been slated already over the Foreign choice but it is only my opinion as a longstanding Villa fan that's all.

Suggestions of people like Klopp,Simeone etc; are light years away I am afraid, Unless we get serious investment we could end up keeping Lambert as who else would work under the constraints?

Moyes haven't won anything, not even the cups and he didn't even go through the champions league qualifier. Do you people realise that if we hire Moyes we will be a stable mid table team at best? Sorry to dissapoin you, but it's the fact.

Moyes haven't won anything, not even the cups and he didn't even go through the champions league qualifier. Do you people realise that if we hire Moyes we will be a stable mid table team at best? Sorry to dissapoin you, but it's the fact.

You are not disappointing me in any shape or form, Who is the Manager then who you Think can win the Trophies we all desire? Of course we don't know the budget he would have but realistically who do you suggest?

You are not disappointing me in any shape or form, Who is the Manager then who you Think can win the Trophies we all desire? Of course we don't know the budget he would have but realistically who do you suggest?

I'm just saying if the plan is Moyes, we might as well stick with Lambert. Cause i don't see Moyes achieving anything more than Lambert.

People are crying for better football, so want Moyes?

Villatalk logic.

Crazy.

If we have a new manager I want us to get somebody who will change the football philosophy, not keep it the same as it has been for more than 10 years. DOL, MON, AM, PL, all the same and DM would be a continuation of that.

People are crying for better football, so want Moyes?

Villatalk logic.

Crazy.

If we have a new manager I want us to get somebody who will change the football philosophy, not keep it the same as it has been for more than 10 years. DOL, MON, AM, PL, all the same and DM would be a continuation of that.

Yea, also the Scottish continuation