Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

Didn't they win though.

Overall I don't think his tactics were that negative at WBA or even at Chelsea. Not saying I'd be thrilled at arrival though.

I like to think it was the players who won, didn't Terry take commando in the semi final or something, i think he did, at least he gave vocal orders from the bench.

Edited by villalad21

Didn't they win though.

Overall I don't think his tactics were that negative at WBA or even at Chelsea. Not saying I'd be thrilled at arrival though.

I like to think it was the players who won, didn't Terry take commando in the semi final or something, i think he did, at least he gave vocal orders from the bench.

Terry going commando on a team mates wife probably ;)....But yes he was the main voice for Di Matteo so the rumours go

Not Di Matteo either. His negative tactics in the Cl final rules him out for me.

Not that I want him either but it's quite likely that they wouldn't have overcome Barça and Bayern had they played any other way.

Didn't Laudrup and his agent/manager get into some hassle in Swansea? Wouldn't want same thing happening in here.

No for Di Matteo from me too, boring football (which we've seen too much) and he doesn't seem like a manager to instill his own authority into the team.

Let's wait for Sean Dyche to stablise Burnley in the prem, perhaps beating us on the last day then "go again" with him as the new "Lambert"?

At least he is not Scottish, I don't think?

We don't want gingers either. Remember McLeish right?

Come back with a proper name.

What Terry will have if he goes that route, and what Di Matteo also has, is what Moyes hasn't had at United; the respect accorded to someone who played at the highest level and who's won things.

Mourinho says hi.

Let's wait for Sean Dyche to stablise Burnley in the prem, perhaps beating us on the last day then "go again" with him as the new "Lambert"?

At least he is not Scottish, I don't think?

We don't want gingers either. Remember McLeish right?

Come back with a proper name.

In fairness if he shaved his silly facial ornament off no one would be able to tell.

But we would know, and I guess that's all that matters...

Hopefully if we do get a takeover the club can upgrade from a black & white fax machine (does this actually exist?) and we'll be able to weed them out as they apply.

What's Ranieri up to these days? Always thought he was a decent manager despite all the 'tinkering'.

On the verge of losing his job at Monaco judging by reports in the French press. He wouldn't be a bad option if we are to get new owners to be fair, given his previous experiences in such a scenario. Not the most fashionable manager but does generally get a team from A to B.

What Terry will have if he goes that route, and what Di Matteo also has, is what Moyes hasn't had at United; the respect accorded to someone who played at the highest level and who's won things.

Mourinho says hi.

Yes, I knew that was coming!  But Moyes had enough time at Everton to show whether or not he could be a Mourinho-at-Porto-type miracle worker.  Mourinho has rare levels of self-confidence, charisma and front; Terry and Di Matteo are/were top draw footballers; Moyes fits neither pigeon-hole.

Mourinho says hi.

Yes, I knew that was coming!  But Moyes had enough time at Everton to show whether or not he could be a Mourinho-at-Porto-type miracle worker.  Mourinho has rare levels of self-confidence, charisma and front; Terry and Di Matteo are/were top draw footballers; Moyes fits neither pigeon-hole.

Wouldn't dispute that. I thought you meant it as a general rule.

Lambert fully deserves another year at the club but I think it is highly unlikely. A large majority of fans have unjustly turned their backs on Lambert. I am very disappointed with some of our supporters, we are so much better than this.

I don't even think Paul Lambert could honestly say he deserves another year and that the fans have unjustly turned on him.