Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

5 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

I'd have voted for Edmure.

I love they brought him back after so many series just to roast the shit out of him. 

Then they're all just happy with the North declaring independence, but still being ruled by someone from the North. Makes total sense. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Daweii said:

Yeah. The showrunners stated in an interview that HBO gave them unlimited money and unlimited time to make this show. HBO wanted at least 10 seasons, GRRM wanted even more than that, but the showrunners decided they wanted the show to run about 73 hours so here we are with a rushed final few seasons for no reason really.

It’s weird because I initially thought it was a good thing that they had an end point in sight. Some of the previous seasons were far too stretched out. 

But is gone so far in the other direction it’s ruined it. 

10 seasons would have probably been a perfect balance. 

Like I said earlier, this season has had 3 big climaxes which lend themselves perfectly to three seasons, even if they were shorter seasons than before. 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Well I was expecting it to be bad but it was beyond terrible. I'm not sure how it could have been worse really. Wasnt helped by more shoddy acting and terrible dialogue. A hugely disappointing season and a sad end to a once great TV show. The writers managed to lose the one thing that made the show great and that was that the unexpected could happen. It wasnt about Hollywood storylines and bowing down to fan pressure. Its actually amazing they could make such a balls of it given that they had 5 series written for them by GRR Martin. 

• Like 4

currently on an impressive 4.6 on IMDB. Except for Peter Dinklage not a talented actor left on the show

Overall it will be 6/10, 1st 4 seasons were very good the last 4 were mainly crap. Will never be in the Wire/Sopranos etc conversation which it could have been

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Will never be in the Wire/Sopranos etc conversation which it could have been

I love Game of Thrones, but it's nowhere near those shows.

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm less disappointed with that episode than I have been with a lot of this season.

Thought it was a fairly decent wrap up

However I agree that

Hide contents

the council scene was crap. Why the **** is Bronn there? I hope GRRM kills that word removed early.

The biggest problem is still the rushing. Yet again

Hide contents

one of the biggest tyrants and threats to the kingdom gets killed in a single stab

This whole season should have been 3 seasons. One for the battle with the dead (and all the build up/fall out), one for the overthrowing of Cersei and one for the build up to what happens in this episode

Yep I’m similar to this. I thought in the main it was a decent ending, but it should’ve been in at least a series’ time. There was so much more they could’ve and should’ve got out of turning Dany mad and even killing of the Night King.

The council scene at the end was pathetic. How are any of them suited to the roles? 

Again because it’s been rushed a couple of plotholes. Firstly, having just seen Dany lose her marbles and kill everyone, as soon as Tyrion threw down his hand badge, she would’ve executed him there and then. Secondly Greyworm upon finding Jon and I’m guessing Jon telling him he killed Dany, Greyworm would’ve slit his throat and then marched the unsullied away. He wouldn’t have arrested him and certainly wouldn’t have arranged the meeting of all the “heads”. 

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

I'd have voted for Edmure.

It was so random seeing him there, I think the last we saw of him he was in David Bradley’s dungeon. He’s such a bumbling idiot that arya would’ve left him there

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see an Arya spin off. They literally can go anywhere they want with it.

Was thinking that too after watching the final ep.

Don't think it will actually happen, but yeah wouldn't be implausible. 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dany entrance was pretty impressive with the wings

It was a pretty cool shot. 

The cinematography and sound have been incredible throughout the season, up there with the absolute best. It's a shame that it's let down by everything else. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I wasn't prepared for how shit that was, and even in a generally rubbish season I thought it was a lowlight.

The scene with Jon and Dany had some of the worst dialogue in the entire show, and the scene with all of the Lords in which they had to just grab every minor character they still had to pad the numbers, lol. 

The pacing ruined so much again, such as jumping from Dany dying, to several weeks later, but I have no doubt even if they'd had more time, it'd just have been more garbage. 

Season 8 has shit all over the legacy of this show. 

Bang on.

I expected it to be a disappointment but it was even worse. Absolute dog shit. I didn’t completely hate the way the story ended but the acting, dialogue, logic - urgh.

Arya: I know a killer when I see one.

Everybody else: The Mad Queen who just burned hundreds of thousands of innocent people?

All the other episodes this season at least had some redeeming features but there was nothing good about this one IMO. Worst of the lot.

Bring on the remake 😁

That was seriously and I mean seriously Utter shit. That has to be one of the worst episodes of the whole show. 

What a complete and Utter mess. 

God they realky did ruin this. Season. So so poor. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That was seriously and I mean seriously Utter shit. That has to be one of the worst episodes of the whole show. 

What a complete and Utter mess. 

God they realky did ruin this. Season. So so poor. 

Yep, poor as piss all the way through, absolute pile of poorly written, terribly scripted old bollocks.

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see an Arya spin off. They literally can go anywhere they want with it.

HBO will turn it into a travel documentary where Arya discovers that west of Westeros is the east coast of Essos and then undertakes a road trip back home.

Meanwhile, Sky have lined up Drogon to replace James Corden as host of A League of Their Own.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â