Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Still occasionally watching old scenes. I miss what this show was.

There's a lot of talk of Dinklage and Bean being great casting choices, but Charles Dance was incredible. Give me this over any battle choreography or dragon CGI.

I think I’m gonna rewatch the whole thing from the start. I miss this. 

• Like 1

On 21/05/2019 at 19:26, mikeyp102 said:

The only episode that has the shock factor even close to the red wedding was “mountain and the viper” and that was purely because they made it seem the viper won easily. 

Not really I think ned stark dying was a shock as I think most of us expected him to be saved in some capacity. 

It is ashame they killed him off so quickly. Imagine they did what they did to him at the red wedding instead of robb stark? x10 for shock factor

I didn't think the mountain and the viper was that shocking either. I saw that one coming a mile off. As soon as he didn't immediately kill him you knew he was bond-villaning it and he'd get ****.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not really I think ned stark dying was a shock as I think most of us expected him to be saved in some capacity. 

It is ashame they killed him off so quickly. Imagine they did what they did to him at the red wedding instead of robb stark? x10 for shock factor

I don't think it's a shame at all. It set the precedent for the show.

Plus, the Red Wedding would never have happened if Ned Stark wasn't killed.

In fact the majority of the story wouldn't have happened.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

For as good a scene as the red wedding was, mountain vs the viper was, ned etc I still think hardhome was the best episode, that was incredible 

Yeah that was a great episode. I think the story had already started going downhill by then, but the episodes were still great. 

The one after that like I said earlier when the night king kills the dragon and turns him I thought was still brilliant, even though things had already started getting a bit silly by then (Travelling the 1500 miles or so and back to get Dany in like a day for example)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think it's a shame at all. It set the precedent for the show.

Plus, the Red Wedding would never have happened if Ned Stark wasn't killed.

In fact the majority of the story wouldn't have happened.

Could have as he was upset Rob didn't marry one the houses daughters and he could have taken it out on ned. 

But yeah I see your point. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Could have as he was upset Rob didn't marry one the houses daughters and he could have taken it out on ned. 

Yeah but the only reason Robb was promised to one of the daughters was because they wanted to cross the Trident, because they were going south to wage war with the Lannisters because they killed Ned.

No killing Ned, no war, no march South, no promise to marry Frey's daughter, no breaking of the promise, no Red Wedding

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah but the only reason Robb was going south was because he was at war with the Lannisters because they killed Ned.

No killing Ned, no war, no march South, no promise to marry Frey's daughter, no breaking of the promise, no Red Wedding

They could have just killed another stark instead though... 

(sansa gets my vote!) 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

They could have just killed another stark instead though... 

(sansa gets my vote!) 

But that would make the whole story of the first season (or book) pointless.

I'll say it again Dem, no offence, but did you actually watch this show? :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I'll say it again Dem, no offence, but did you actually watch this show? :D 

If course but unlike others I wasn't really that big a fan of 2 and 3 like others. 

I liked S5 and s6 and parts of s01. 

By far though s8 was the worse 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Although my knowledge of this show is very much based on this thread, my mates WhatsApp chat about the show and just general cultural osmosis, this seemingly 100% genuine pitch meeting appears to cover and answer a lot of the criticisms of the past six episodes.

That was actually hilarious, top stuff!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I got half way through that ^^  He is **** annoying and I've stood on funnier legos.

Lego. It's like rice. Or water. Or blood. 

And Ryan George is excellent. Although his GOT S8 one above is far from his best work. 

On 23/05/2019 at 09:11, Stevo985 said:

As opposed to the last season making the entire series pointless?!

Â