Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

Roy Keane Slams The Night King: “He Bottled It”

Keane and the Night King

Roy Keane has slammed the performance of the Night King after his demise during the epic Battle of Winterfell on Monday night. The Army of the Dead had been cruising towards victory before Arya Stark pulled off a dramatic late ‘smash and grab’.

Bottle

“He bottled it,” Keane told Soccer on Sunday. “The boy Arya is 4 foot 6. Just chop her head off instead of all this fannying about. People talk about tactics, formations — just chop her head off and volley it back over the castle wall, and maybe beat Bran to death with her torso. You have to be ruthless at this level.”

“Soft,” said the former UTD captain. “Mentally, not strong enough. In my day you had your Freddy Kruegers, your Michael Myerses, your Leatherfaces — big personalities. Today it’s all about blue contact lenses and spikey horns. Slaughtering innocent people should be your bread and butter — not joyriding dragons.”

“Maybe the job was too big for the lad,” added the Irishman. “Listen, the Night King had the talent — no question. Some of his work early doors north of the wall was different class. But we’ve seen this before. 

LINK

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

Just rewatched Rains of Castamere...noticed that Cat Stark's uncle left the dinner to take a piss right before the slaughter..did he know?

Blackfish was no traitor.

Just had an old man's bladder. 

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

I like him actually. 

One character I loved to hate was Thorne, what a prick.

Thorne was such a nob, but brilliantly played by Owen Teale. Got to say though he kind of had a point with Jon Snow thinking he can just waltz in and do whatever he wanted.

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Olly Lemon Sucker .

To be fair, this was back when the wildlings weren't just ridiculous love-struck comic relief.

Tormund and his crew had spent years looting and pillaging their way around the north, murdering then eating their victims. The wildlings are brutal savages, and they'd slaughtered the entire village Olly came from. I'd probably want to kill the bloke who allied with them against the wishes of the rest of the watch, too. 

He probably could have said something like that instead of just staring sullenly at Jon like he was having a tantrum though. The shit writing really was evident years ago, wasn't it?

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

To be fair, this was back when the wildlings weren't just ridiculous love-struck comic relief.

Tormund and his crew had spent years looting and pillaging their way around the north, murdering then eating their victims. The wildlings are brutal savages, and they'd slaughtered the entire village Olly came from. I'd probably want to kill the bloke who allied with them against the wishes of the rest of the watch, too. 

He probably could have said something like that instead of just staring sullenly at Jon like he was having a tantrum though. The shit writing really was evident years ago, wasn't it?

It's like reading Chaucer but due to a printing error the 2nd half of the book is Danny Dyer's biography.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

There are so many great acting performances in this show by fringe characters. One notable performance is in season 2, a Night's Watch captain who tutors Jon once he's been made a ranger while they patrol beyond the wall. Great acting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Halfhand.

Qhorin Halfhand. I was recently reflecting on that part of the plot.

I love the line he drops when he's questioning Jon, " It's just words, boy, that keep us a little warmer in the night, make us feel like we've got a purpose."

• Like 1

I'd have much rather seen the Arya adventure with the Brotherhood Without Banners around Westeros rather than watch the tedious Braavos face changing cult storyline.

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'd have much rather seen the Arya adventure with the Brotherhood Without Banners around Westeros rather than watch the tedious Braavos face changing cult storyline.

And she only used that skill once and that was to kill a Villa fan .

I hope her ship smashes into an iceberg.

Â