Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

Compare danys end to the build up, music, suspense, drama, emotional attachment and investment as a viewer to the red wedding, a scene that if you read the books you literally knew was coming! Chalk and cheese

There was finally some cool stuff with dany, the tyrant scenes were really well shot, I even liked the Dragon in the snow shot, thought that was cool, the eerie kingslanding in the ash / snow was really cool...then she's dead then it's 3 weeks later and sunny again and I'm sat thinking what the **** was all that

That's not even the biggest problem for me, dany and jon taking centre stage and being a poorly acted story arc that I lost interest in is one thing, them throwing Jaime and cerseis arcs away in this series is really poot writing, me not really being ever overly interested in sansa and maybe even arya is my own problem...but bran...**** bran! Stuff like "you were exactly where you needed to be" bore off, absolute shit character horribly written, developed and never actually fleshed out, he's ruined the show for me 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Jon Snow returning from the dead was the moment the show went downhill. An absolute boring character and his return in the long run really had no point

Not really he took down Ramsey, cleaned up they corruption and created peace with the wildlings. 

The show sucks now but that’s not the reason why. It was due to shambolic writing poor decisions and just generally terrible direction.

Spoiler

Brann king ffs??? What a complete and utter shambles.

the death of Dany was so dreadfully done.

• Like 1

Ah I thought it was alright. Loose ends tied up and as TV shows go it's been a nice ride. Its like when people get angry about Star Wars, it's just a film and this is just a TV show. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not really he took down Ramsey, cleaned up they corruption and created peace with the wildlings. 

Reveal hidden contents

Brann king ffs??? What a complete and utter shambles.

the death of Dany was so dreadfully done.

The red priestess brought him back to life for his sole purpose of killing a wannabee tyrant and peace with bunch of nobodies

As for Starks I hated them since the start, horrible characters and worse actors. Except Ned the only good Stark was the kid who barely got a line on the show

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

..then she's dead then it's 3 weeks later and sunny again and I'm sat thinking what the **** was all that

It's a constant theme of this series. What happens next? How does Jon get out of this? How do the unsullied and dothraki react? Tyrion? The other lords? **** it, that sounds hard, let's skip it. 

How many times did the reach an important plot point this season, and just cut away and have it automatically resolved next time we see the characters? The writers are lazy, talentless hacks. 

As for the dothraki, I love how it went from them all being dead, to half of them somehow living, to them being there wanting to help Dany conquer the rest of the world, to... Then just bring completely forgotten? What the **** are they doing now? They certainly wouldn't be hanging around for a few weeks waiting for the people they just conquered to tell them what to do with their prisoners. As many of them exist as is necessary to move the story forward at any particular time. 

It wasn't just poor by the standards of the earlier show, it was genuinely incredibly poor. I was disappointed the only wanted 6 episodes this season, now I'm just grateful I don't have to sit through any more of this nonsense. 

• Like 1

Ultimately I liked jons ending, seemed really fitting, he's a simpleton and his "punishment" is just the life he wanted all along, I liked that the night king turned his back on him 

Unfortunately at least once an episode they drum it in to us that he's a simpleton, the scene with tyrion was horrible, the little boy lost face wore thin 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Ultimately I liked jons ending, seemed really fitting, he's a simpleton and his "punishment" is just the life he wanted all along, I liked that the night king turned his back on him 

Unfortunately at least once an episode they drum it in to us that he's a simpleton, the scene with tyrion was horrible, the little boy lost face wore thin 

He's actually fairly switched on in the books. But every character is a **** idiot in the show. It's all they can write. 

The characters that are meant to be smart, Tyrion, Sansa, are still **** idiots that constantly make irrational decisions. We just know they're meant to be clever because characters explicitly tell us so. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The Red Wedding remains the pinnacle of the show in my opinion.

No episode of any tv show ever has taken me so much by surprise and left me as shocked as that episode.

There are probably BETTER episodes of other shows, sure. But in terms of that pure emotion, that absolute feeling of "I cannot believe that has happened", that has never been topped imo. When you compare that to the episodes now it's not even close. There hasn't been a decent twist or surprise in GoT for years. I'd say the Dragon being turned is as close as they've got, but even that other people said they saw coming a mile off (I didn't but maybe I'm thick :) )

Spoiler

I don't know the major twist of braan being king was huge:rolleyes:

Spoiler

😂 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't know the major twist of braan being king was huge:rolleyes:

Reveal hidden contents

😂 

Spoiler

But even that twist left you feeling empty. The last season was alright but the final episode was an anti climax. But then how do you end such an epic show? I’m struggling to think of a good ending to any top tv show. I mean the Sopranos ending was ridiculous.

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Spoiler

But why would they want to live north of the wall when they do not have too? It’s like choosing to live in the North Pole. 

53 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's a constant theme of this series. What happens next? How does Jon get out of this? How do the unsullied and dothraki react? Tyrion? The other lords? **** it, that sounds hard, let's skip it. 

How many times did the reach an important plot point this season, and just cut away and have it automatically resolved next time we see the characters? The writers are lazy, talentless hacks. 

As for the dothraki, I love how it went from them all being dead, to half of them somehow living, to them being there wanting to help Dany conquer the rest of the world, to... Then just bring completely forgotten? What the **** are they doing now? They certainly wouldn't be hanging around for a few weeks waiting for the people they just conquered to tell them what to do with their prisoners. As many of them exist as is necessary to move the story forward at any particular time. 

It wasn't just poor by the standards of the earlier show, it was genuinely incredibly poor. I was disappointed the only wanted 6 episodes this season, now I'm just grateful I don't have to sit through any more of this nonsense. 

The were just hanging around the town at the end like Bums.

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The Red Wedding remains the pinnacle of the show in my opinion.

No episode of any tv show ever has taken me so much by surprise and left me as shocked as that episode.

There are probably BETTER episodes of other shows, sure. But in terms of that pure emotion, that absolute feeling of "I cannot believe that has happened", that has never been topped imo. When you compare that to the episodes now it's not even close. There hasn't been a decent twist or surprise in GoT for years. I'd say the Dragon being turned is as close as they've got, but even that other people said they saw coming a mile off (I didn't but maybe I'm thick :) )

It was an absolute punch to the gut even if you know it's coming. 

I had to read a few paragraphs over and over just for it to sink in what happened the first time I read that chapter. 

Edited by Davkaus

Any show that tries to pull the whole 'the ending is the writing of the show itself' needs a slap. I can't think of any show that has pulled this off without seeming overly smug and corny. Thank feck that they didn't double-down on the 'invention of democracy' ending they teased, though. Yeesh.

I liked Jon going off to be the most Northernly Northener that ever Northed. Really thought Bran's arc would end with him warging into the past and actually being the same Bran The Builder (can he fix it?) that built the wall in the first place.

And surely once Arya's gone far enough to circle round, west of Westeros is Easteros (the land of chocolate eggs)?

4 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Any show that tries to pull the whole 'the ending is the writing of the show itself' needs a slap.

"The real Azor Ahai is the friends we made along the way"

• Haha 2

Â