Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

What the **** was that episode? Not a single faithful scene. Guess they're doing it deliberately now.

It wasn't a bad episode but as you rightly point out, they makers have skied way off-piste with that one. Not only that, now they've done so there is no going back. However, I suppose we have to bear in mind Martin's very close involvement in it all and he has allowed it to happen so it can only be assumed that whatever track they are going down now won't substantively affect what is revealed in the future books.

The other odd thing about that episode is the amount of truncating and short-cutting it implies.That episode moves them a long way from the books, not a little. That's odd because I would have thought the makers would have wanted to string it out as much as possible to avoid overtaking the books because Lardy takes so bloody long to write them.

It suggests they have given up on that idea and will be finished long before the books.

Bran turning up at Crasters and John about to march on it?  Bit of a small world isn't it.  Did Sam tell John about Bran in the series, I must have missed that, but he seemed to know.

Pretty sure Bran made him swear an oath to not tell anyone (including Jon) that they met.

Bran turning up at Crasters and John about to march on it?  Bit of a small world isn't it.  Did Sam tell John about Bran in the series, I must have missed that, but he seemed to know.

Pretty sure Bran made him swear an oath to not tell anyone (including Jon) that they met.

In the book yeah, but in the episode Jon mentioned about Bran being north of the wall and Sam says he tried to stop him and bring him back,

Yep, looks like they're doing what anime does when it catches up with manga as hogso suggested a couple of pages back.

Booyah.gif

So now the book people are getting spoiled, excellent. Karma's a bitch :P

Haha, right on. Film/TV version being different from the source material SHOCKER.

Edited by hogso

:rolleyes:

1) That's inconclusive at the moment

2) It wasn't strictly a Game of Thrones TV show thread at the time and people used the spoiler tags. No one forced you to go in there, no one forced you to look at the spoilers. If you want to avoid spoilers of any kind, the best thing to do is avoid topics talking about the subject matter. Karma has nothing to do with it.

Woo Kat Dennings gif.

Also, I'm pretty sure I read that the writers (for the show) know how it ends, if not how it gets there. I think there will be a lot of unfamiliar scenes for the book readers here on out, as they try and build toward the end while maintaining some sense of forward momentum, unlike the books which can drag things out much longer without the fear of losing viewers and getting axed.

I think the old bat was responsible for the poisoned pie. Margery's mother.

So I was right?

Littlefinger was just trying to big himself up in front of Sansa but the old girl was the one who organised the catering.

:rolleyes:

1) That's inconclusive at the moment

2) It wasn't strictly a Game of Thrones TV show thread at the time and people used the spoiler tags. No one forced you to go in there, no one forced you to look at the spoilers. If you want to avoid spoilers of any kind, the best thing to do is avoid topics talking about the subject matter. Karma has nothing to do with it.

There have still been book spoilers despite there being a separate thread, plus my post was tongue in cheek, hence the emotion ;)

I think the old bat was responsible for the poisoned pie. Margery's mother.

So I was right?

Littlefinger was just trying to big himself up in front of Sansa but the old girl was the one who organised the catering.

Nope, you were wrong.

She is her grandmother.

• Like 1

That and if you think Littlefinger ever lets anyone else pull the strings in an operation he's a part of then you're severely mistaken. Think back to season two when he approached Margaery in Renly's camp before he was murdered. He put the wheels in motion, no one else.

Anyone remember 'The Night's King' tale that Bran told his companions in Storm of Swords?  This is a very interesting read...

http://screencrush.com/game-of-thrones-white-walker-king-babies-oathkeeper/

It's safe for TV show watchers too, but offers potential theoretical spoilers, but there's a warning in the first paragraph if you don't want to read on.

Â