Leicester City

Villan4Life

On 5/17/2016 at 20:19, Stevo985 said:

Leicester Council confirmed 240k this morning was their best estimate.

wow thats ridiculous. I doubt we would pull that amount if we had won it. Although come to think of it we may get 1 billion now that Tony Xia took over! 

17 hours ago, KSV said:

wow thats ridiculous. I doubt we would pull that amount if we had won it. Although come to think of it we may get 1 billion now that Tony Xia took over! 

we have a much bigger fanbase but your talking about two different types of cities. leicester is much smaller with a more community feel but there is so much more going on in birmingham and it wont be as big a deal to the overall population. our fanbase is much more widespread than leicesters,plus it seems the whole city of leicester came out to celebrate even though a lot wouldn't have supported them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like what happened to us is now happening to leicester

vardy to arsenal, and apparently they going for mahrez too

Kante being chased by PSG

They are going to badly struggle next season if these players leave. can see them being bottom half or even fighting relegation with CL football as well. 

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They are going to badly struggle next season if these players leave. can see them being bottom half or even fighting relegation with CL football as well. 

Not looking good for them and just shows, even being Champions, players (and especially their agents) will be drawn to the bigger contracts at 'bigger' clubs (who are in the Sky clique)

They're in a tough position right now, bizarrely, whoever they buy will be at a premium (as the selling club will want to exploit the new money deal) and demand huge wages because they're a Champions League team.

The new signings will have to hit the ground running as I would put some credence in last years success being down to having an organised team of players with a nucleas that had been together for several seasons.

Swapping and changing players (especially arguably their best 3 players, Vardy, Mahrez and Kante) will potentially disrupt the squad harmony and all that was good about the team ethic.

• Like 1

Yes we'll really see how good Ranieri is now. Last season was a fantasy year for them but this is the real reality of football catching up.

No doubt there still in a good position as they'll have tons of money but who hasn't these days !

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

At least they actually achieved something....bit different to finishing 6th. I could live with half our team leaving if it meant winning the FA cup for example.

Yep CL campaign becomes much more difficult now....I'm sure they'll sign a couple of big name players but you lose that special team spirit don't you.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

At least they actually achieved something....bit different to finishing 6th. I could live with half our team leaving if it meant winning the FA cup for example.

Yep CL campaign becomes much more difficult now....I'm sure they'll sign a couple of big name players but you lose that special team spirit don't you.

absolutely no-one is dismissing their title win, but now is when the hard work and test to raneiri as he has to sustain some kind of respect to the club. If they win the league then finish 17th I don't think Leicester fans will be pleased with that. Its going to be a  tough season for them next season as teams wont take them lightly and i expect the big boys will all be gunning for their position in top four again. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

absolutely no-one is dismissing their title win, but now is when the hard work and test to raneiri as he has to sustain some kind of respect to the club. If they win the league then finish 17th I don't think Leicester fans will be pleased with that. Its going to be a  tough season for them next season as teams wont take them lightly and i expect the big boys will all be gunning for their position in top four again. 

I really don't think they'd have any right to complain to be honest. 

They won the **** league man. The whole thing. They won it. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I really don't think they'd have any right to complain to be honest. 

They won the **** league man. The whole thing. They won it. 

Yep absolutely but football fans are fickle, there will always be some that think they should kick on from there!

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Yep absolutely but football fans are fickle, there will always be some that think they should kick on from there!

You're absolutely right, there will be some who moan if they finish in the bottom half next season. But they have no leg to stand on, really. 

It's all a bit sad imo. We couldn't keep players because we were a "nearly" team. If Leicester can't keep players after winning the league and gaining cl qualification , well, what more can you do? 

I know it's not as simple as that but it's still rubbish! 

• Like 1

Their signings this summer will make or break this club. I hate to see the player's jumping ship so easily though. Leicester were so dominant last season, and they could make a splash in the champs league. At least stick around one more season and see how they fair in the champs league. Come on. 

I can't understand why this is going on before the euros. Surely Vardy needs to focus on England and England only right now. It cant help his focus. Tell Arsenal he'll make his decision after the euros. 

Â