Leicester City

Villan4Life

Watching the game last night and when Vardy got a chance to score a third goal I was thinking that he'd look a proper word removed if he was to bang in a hat-trick days after the manager getting the sack, which was a lot to do with the fact he'd be terrible all season...

For his sake I think it was better he only got 2 as serious questions would have been asked if he'd grabbed more deadlines with a 3 goal performance.

You can call talk about tactics and the high line and stuff but the main difference was one team looked up for and one team didn't. Vardy set the tone with that tackle early on. yes it was nasty but sometimes that's what needed.

Can you blame the players for not fighting like that under Ranieri, maybe but theres more to this meets theres. apparently the players went four times to the chairman to ask for the manager to go! Why would they do that if things weren't seriously wrong. Ranieri has this persona of being a jovial and nice person but none of know him,

Anyway Leicester wont go down. Not a chance now. Theres so many worse teams than them.

Edited by PaulC

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Can you blame the players for not fighting like that under Ranieri, maybe but theres more to this meets theres. apparently the players went four times to the chairman to ask for the manager to go! Why would they do that if things weren't seriously wrong. Ranieri has this persona of being a jovial and nice person but none of know him,

Yet they are at pains to say they didn't. Who knows the truth of the matter.

Either way and irrespective of any issues there may have been the players have clearly not been giving their all in recent weeks. That is in my view always unacceptable in any circumstance.

Still sounds like they got what they wanted now so they are going to try again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

That is in my view always unacceptable in any circumstance.

Absolutely.  They're a total disgrace.  Fans fork out a lot every week to watch them 'perform'.  They earn more in a week than a lot of those fans will in 4 or 5 years.  Then they drive home to their mansions in their quarter mil cars and they can put a performance like that in after the shitshow they've served up so far this season?  They should be **** ashamed of themselves, but of course they're not.  They're spoiled little bastards and the means justifies the end to them.

• Like 4

Ok maybe you are right, they didn't try for Ranieri. But I think theres more to it than that. They worked their socks off last season and maybe this season they just weren't as motivated and teams had wisened up to them. Nullify Mahrez and don't give Vardy the space to run into behind. Whatever Ranieri didn't have the answers! His failing as much as the players. Last night was a one off performance

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

This is turning out perfectly for Ranieri.

Honestly think sacking him was the best thing Leicester could have done for him.

He might get one of the better clubs in Europe and then fail., but I am firmly of the belief now that he got too much credit for Leicester winning the title, and everything became about him when it was the players that did it.

On 3/8/2017 at 16:22, kurtsimonw said:

I don't think it's really possible to get too much credit for taking Leicester to the title

Agreed. The people still trying to give Pearson credit for the title win are a sandwich short of a picnic

• Like 1

Pearson built the team and Leicester had great momentum going into the following season. Ranieri carried it forward but for me  its 90% of the credit goes to the players.  Sign of a great manager is one who can turn around a bad situation. Ranieri failed in that aspect this season. He was great when the team were winning though.

Â