Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

I know we are in great form...but i can't see the game opening up for us, 0-0 draw. This villa side seems to struggle in the more-scrappy games, can't see this stoke midfeild pressing us. Delph .co will struggle to find the same amount of space as against chelsea.

All of that said though, if Benteke's still feeling confident then theres no reason he can't control this game.

Stoke needed to free up an extra space to bring in a further loan player (they already had two which is the limit).

They asked us for a favour which we agreed to but only on the basis of him not being able to play against us, I would strongly suspect that we are indeed still paying toward his wages, thankfully though only until the end of the summer and then a big line can be firmly drawn under a player we should never have signed.

If we win this we should be buzzing for the United game who play tomorrow then mid week before facing us.

Be hard this. They are missing big players, Huth, Ireland, Adam, Walters. But you just know crouch will some how score.

This is bentekes kind of game. Nzonzi -v- Delph should produce some cards!

I wouldn't complain with a draw, I just can't imagine us winning 3 home games in a row, it just doesn't seem possible. Having said that, if I was part of that Villa team I would be absolutely buzzing right now. That must have been such a massive buzz playing in that match.

I wouldn't change the lineup. For me it's not about confidence, Bennett knows he's played really well and temporarily proved the doubters wrong. Bertrand knows he's a good left back and hasn't done much wrong since arriving. This is all about momentum for me and personally I don't like to see a winning side chopped and changed without any real reason

I'm just glad that they have at least one win away this season. It's a law that a team without an away win all season will end that run at VP. Still have a feeling that we'll **** this one up. :( Will probably watch it with my stoke fan brother. I know, I know...

Bet the neutral can't wait for this one. You couldn't create a more mid-table nothingness scenario:

10th vs 11th

Both teams safe (practically)

Both on the same points.

No chance of finishing higher than 10th

I bet Sky laughably bill this as a race for 10th  :D

Will we win? If we really want it we should do, yes. Us at the top of our game are better than Stoke at the top of theirs. 

As for attendance, I think the 5:30pm kick-offs on a Saturday are quite good for decent attendances. Villa fans from further a field can come along and still get tanked up before the match. I'm not sure I want to attribute us getting an extra 10k because we were playing Chelsea, that would be quite embarrassing. They aren't Man United or Liverpool or anywhere near them in size of fanbases.

I reference them because they usually filter into the home sections with their surplus fanbases thus bumping up the attendance.

Edited by supernova26

I think we'll win. The pressure is off for now, so Lambert can play a bit more attacking style.

I don't agree this is a dull game necessarily. These two teams can play better football now that they're both quite safe. We might be in for a surprise entertaining game here!

Edited by AVTuco

If progression is to be taken seriously, on the back of such a fine win against Chelsea and with confidence sky high,

we should get a result.

.....but we all know that these type of teams are our achilles heel.

There was a couple of posts somewhere asking the question of whether we were paying some of Irelands wages still.  He has signed a new deal yesterday so surly that signals the end of any money owed on our part.

Given the last 5 games I have personally been to Villa I have seen 1 Villa goal, 4 defeats and a draw I am not that hopeful. I think it is nearly 5 years ago of THAT stoke match in which  after throwing away the CSKA tie the week before in order to win  and secure  4th we threw away a 2-0 lead with 5 minutes to go to draw 2-2 and slipped to 6th. Never been the same since.

Given the last 5 games I have personally been to Villa I have seen 1 Villa goal, 4 defeats and a draw I am not that hopeful. I think it is nearly 5 years ago of THAT stoke match in which after throwing away the CSKA tie the week before in order to win and secure 4th we threw away a 2-0 lead with 5 minutes to go to draw 2-2 and slipped to 6th. Never been the same since.

If I give you the money for your ticket would you mind not coming please?

• Like 3