Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

I just can't see 3 straight home wins.

IF we do win on Sunday, our next home game is against Fulham (unless the City game is scheduled before that) so we could be looking at FOUR home wins in a row! Imagine that... it's been a while

Are Adam and Walters still banned for this one?

They had a good win against West Ham and will also be full of confidence. Will be a tough game and I expect them to score, but I expect us to come through and win.

3-1 to The Villa!

• Like 1

Are Adam and Walters still banned for this one?

They had a good win against West Ham and will also be full of confidence. Will be a tough game and I expect them to score, but I expect us to come through and win.

3-1 to The Villa!

Yes, both Adam and Walters are suspended. However that will most likely mean a return to Villa Park for Ireland - I just hope he doesn't play like a former player and has a blinder against us....

Win this one, we'll be on 37 points knowing we'll hit 40 points (and theorhetical safety) if we beat ManUre - now that should inspire the players! 

I wouldn't change much, only Bertrand in for Bennett (who did play very well on Saturday) and maybe Albrighton for Weimann.

I'm actually looking forward to this game. A couple of weeks ago I was in a depression about it. I think we will see a very confident villa team. If we get an early goal and play how we did saturday then villa park will be rocking again

• Like 1

I just can't see 3 straight home wins.

IF we do win on Sunday, our next home game is against Fulham (unless the City game is scheduled before that) so we could be looking at FOUR home wins in a row! Imagine that... it's been a while

City is away and it has been rescheduled for the last week of the season on the wednesday night

Marc Albrighton on for Weimann is my only change; I think Bennett needs to play and it would destroy his confidence if he's dropped.

Bertrand back in for our next away fixture would be the wisest move as he's the better option away.

• Like 1

Massive chance to pull away further from trouble and continue some recent great work. Stoke will be very tough and wont be as positive as Chelsea, thus making it potentially difficult to break down. Hopefully our confidence is high and we play with some freedom. Bertrand back for Bennett (although Joe did very well on Saturday) and id keep the rest the same. Walters and Adam being out is good for us - as those two can punish teams for sure. No Huth either. A great chance for us and a win here would lift the whole place and hopefully set us up for a decent end to the season.

Scrappy draw. And I'd be pretty happy with that in all honesty. I think Stoke would too. I think it's one of those which has a main aim to just not lose, but both teams will see this as a 'win and we're safe' game, so be interesting to see how both teams approach it.

I can see a draw to be honest. Let's go full out attack though. We aint going down so we got nothing to lose. I'm still high off that chelsea game. Say what you want about villa park but when its in full flow their aint many better. Can see us playing with a bit of flair on sunday. We should do anyway. Stoke will play for the draw, you can bet your bottom dollar that

I reckon it'll be 2-1 but actually much more comfortable than the score line suggests.

Weimann with first then Stephen Island will obviously score but Tekkers will quickly put us back in league.

We then miss a procession of chances to kill it off but ultimately they're not posing much threat so we all go home really happy.

We start to really look up the table and have a positive end to the season.

After what feels like a good summer VT seems united in the sense that we are through the bad days and things are genuinely and noticeably turning around.

This sense is soul crushingly destroyed again within four games of the new season.

I think I would give Albrighton the start and bring Gabby off the bench. He'd be really effective running with fresh legs at a tired defense.

You can essentially say the same thing but with the roles switched.

I read somewhere that Gabby felt his leg hurt during half time? And that Lamber took him off because there are still plenty of games for him to play this season? I haven't got a direct quote or source, however if this is true it would make sense to play Marc instead of Gabby