Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Bet the neutral can't wait for this one. You couldn't create a more mid-table nothingness scenario:

10th vs 11th

Both teams safe (practically)

Both on the same points.

No chance of finishing higher than 10th

I bet Sky laughably bill this as a race for 10th  :D

Will we win? If we really want it we should do, yes. Us at the top of our game are better than Stoke at the top of theirs. 

As for attendance, I think the 5:30pm kick-offs on a Saturday are quite good for decent attendances. Villa fans from further a field can come along and still get tanked up before the match. I'm not sure I want to attribute us getting an extra 10k because we were playing Chelsea, that would be quite embarrassing. They aren't Man United or Liverpool or anywhere near them in size of fanbases.

I reference them because they usually filter into the home sections with their surplus fanbases thus bumping up the attendance.

It's on Sunday at 4pm.

• Like 1

People go on about us not winning 3 in a row. But Stoke haven't lost for the last three, they ain't great. So can they not lose  for 4 games

They've only won 1 game away from home all season, which is the worst away record in the league joint with Cardiff.

Edited by samjp26

Given the last 5 games I have personally been to Villa I have seen 1 Villa goal, 4 defeats and a draw I am not that hopeful. I think it is nearly 5 years ago of THAT stoke match in which after throwing away the CSKA tie the week before in order to win and secure 4th we threw away a 2-0 lead with 5 minutes to go to draw 2-2 and slipped to 6th. Never been the same since.

If I give you the money for your ticket would you mind not coming please?

Lol. I wouldn't mind but I missed 8 goals in 2 matches versus the baggies and norwich, and the chelsea win. I probably have to go to a witch doctor or something. I just can't see 3 home wins on a spin so I expect a dull 1-1 draw. 

There was a couple of posts somewhere asking the question of whether we were paying some of Irelands wages still. He has signed a new deal yesterday so surly that signals the end of any money owed on our part.

article-1339653-0AE191EE000005DC-827_468

• Like 1

I feel much more better about this game, I actually want to go. Going to be a very tough game but I hope we can take some enthusiasm into it now. Although its on a bloody sunday again be good to have a big gate. 30k against norwich, next home game 40k against chelsea. Let's have villa park rocking again with a big crowd

My favouriter English phrase :P

• Like 1

4-1 to us, we will be at them from the off, PL wants to get the fans back on side and winning 3 home games on the bounce for the first time in 7 years will go along way to doing this. the score will depend on if we get an early goal forcing stoke to come out of their box, if we do then 5 or 6 could be achieved. feeling really positive about this.

4-1 to us, we will be at them from the off, PL wants to get the fans back on side and winning 3 home games on the bounce for the first time in 7 years will go along way to doing this. the score will depend on if we get an early goal forcing stoke to come out of their box, if we do then 5 or 6 could be achieved. feeling really positive about this.

You don't say!

• Like 1

crack pipe, paint fumes and Caffeine in abundance, sod it why not, fed up with being negative, it is now time to be positive, we are so unpredictable we could loose 3-0 or win 4-1, I know which I prefer so am going with the 4-1. Teckers to get a hat trick Gabby or Weiman to score as well.

• Like 1