Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

So, we can make it 3 home wins in a row for the first time in 7 years, should we beat Stoke next weekend. 

Obviously there will be expectations going into this game now and rightly so. We've shown that we're good enough to beat teams of any calibre and although we did lose to them in our away fixture this season, we're in good form. Problem is, Stoke are in great form too!

I think this will be a tight one but I'm expecting another 3 points on the board. An unchanged line-up bar maybe Bertrand coming in for Bennett. 

UTV

• Like 1

I feel much more better about this game, I actually want to go. Going to be a very tough game but I hope we can take some enthusiasm into it now. Although its on a bloody sunday again be good to have a big gate. 30k against norwich, next home game 40k against chelsea. Let's have villa park rocking again with a big crowd

I think it showed that Albrighton should start in place of Gabby.

I disagree. I thought Gabby did well last night when he was on. He was pickong up the ball and driving at defenders.

Personally I'd stick with the same team to start but with Bertrand back, which is a shame for Bennet because he played his best game last night (even if he should have been sent off) but Bertrand is a class above.

Stoke are in good form but a stat I heard last night 27 of their 34 points have come at home.

Gonna be an interesting one. 2 fantastic home wins in a row already, 3 would spoil us. That'd take us up to 37 points and start to strengthen our spot in 10th, which would be absolutely awesome, but I worry that we'll drop points here purely because it'd put us in such a good position, and we often shoot ourselves in the foot when that's the case. I'd still play Gabby and put Albrighton on later, as Gabby's pace would cause them plenty of problems and his physicality would be useful. Hopefully the atmosphere will be good and a few more tickets will be sold after the last 2 home performances. 

Maybe a nervy 2-1 win?

Hopefully Lambert doesn't get all Lamberty and change everything for this one. Same game plan please. Pressure them and play a high defensive line, keep them on the back heel. They'll probably send Adam out to break Delph's leg, so if we can avoid that, we should win this one. 2-0 to Villa.