Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

A win would hopefully give us a couple of points gap in 10th. Think we may end up frustrated.

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Baker Bertrand

Westwood El-Ahmadi Delph

Weimann Benteke Agbonlahor

Steer Bennett Clark Sylla Albrighton Holt Robinson

I think we will labour to a draw.

1-1

Never change a winning team.

If we win, we'd be really in pole position for that 10th spot. That'd be something like £80 mill in TV money and a huge increase from ... (~£45 mill?), we've received the last couple of years.

Damn, Villa might even (financially) break even in 2013/14 season *fingers crossed*

I think I would give Albrighton the start and bring Gabby off the bench. He'd be really effective running with fresh legs at a tired defense.

You can essentially say the same thing but with the roles switched.

Yeah, I realize that. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think Gabby usually needs 10-15 minutes just to work his way into a game, so probably better to start with him and bring Albrighton off the bench after all.

Would be mad not to bring back Bertrand for Bennett, we are trying to sign him in the Summer and he might of on the bench against Stoke, no brainer for me.

Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Clark, Bertrand, Westwood, KEA, Delph, Gabby, Albrighton and Benteke. 

Stoke are without Adam, Ireland and Walters, 2-1 Villa; Stoke also have the worst away record in the league bar Cardiff.

Edited by Avflife
  • Like 1

Can see a loss here.. It's typical us this season, play well against the bigger teams to lose against a shit team

This is the time of year when we start to claw ourselves back from the brink. It's become somewhat of a tradition. I think we will win this one. Worst case scenario is a draw.

Lambert would be mad to drop Bennett - it would destroy the confidence of a player we own, in favour of a player we don't! And it would send out a poor message to the squad, that no matter how well you do, Lambert has his favourites and they are preferred.

I would be fairly indifferent if Albrighton came in for either Gabby or Andi, as both have been off the boil. However, we have to get at Stoke's full backs, as when I have watched them this season, they have been the weak links in their defence.

As for the performance, if their is a significant drop from last weekend, we have major problems. The challenge for the players is, if you want to play in front of 40k+ screaming fans each week, play like you did against Chelski, WBA and Narwich each week.

I'd put Marc for Andi .. 

Bertrand for Bennett ..

And the rest same as last game !

FOOTBALL RULES :

Rule Nr 1. Do not change a winning team.

Does that really apply these days? I mean, I used to agree, but with todays football and big squads it's hard to follow that rule. Look at the top teams. How many times do they change their starting line-ups? Even after a win? Almost always. But I too find it harsh to take Bennett out if he was as good against chelsea as everyone says. It would be harsh to him and send out the signal that it doesn't matter how good you are, you won't play if Bertrand is fit and available. And to Bertrand it says "You'll always play no matter what." Not a good thing either.

I hope I won't jinx this by saying that I had chosen this weekend to come to Birmingham from Finland to watch Villa play at home. I cancelled my trip because Villa had been playing so poorly at the time I was gonna order the plane tickets and reserve hotel rooms...I bet with my luck Villa will have a blinder and stuff them 3-0, hat trick from Benteke. B)

Edited by Jarpie

Huge for finishing top half, and getting the tv money involved with such a finish. I think villa will do it. Third straight win, with no clean sheet this time.

TV money is not linked to league placing, how many times has this been covered?!!?!?