Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

If I was a genocidal dictator wanting to get rid of the scum of the earth, stoke would be where I start my regime. Hoping we win in such a manor to send the fans back depressed and distraught. 0-0 it is.

I think Stoke will come here to park the bus so any early goal for us is vital as it would open the game up which suits us down to the ground. Sadly I think it will be 1-1 or 0-0.

Good news that Charlie Adam is suspended for them though

Edited by Biskitt

As much as you'd think we can win this on the back of 2 great home performances, the fact that this would be 3 wins, and 3 home wins on the bounce just looms like an enormous dream crushing mountain. Seems crazy to think we might actually win 3 home games in a row this season.

Sooo, I think we'll snatch defeat or a draw from the jaws of victory.

Edited by romavillan
  • Like 3

As much as you'd think we can win this on the back of 2 great home performances, the fact that this would be 3 wins, and 3 home wins on the bounce just looms like an enormous dream crushing mountain. Seems crazy to think we might actually win 3 home games in a row this season.

You would hope that that kind of mentality isn't affecting the players. If they're not bubbling with confidence right now then they shouldn't be playing at this level.

Conversely, Stoke will come here today absolutely bricking it, relatively speaking. They will either clam up and try to shut up or they'll play with a nervous energy leaving gaps for us to exploit. I personally hope it's the latter.

I think we'll win today anyway.

• Like 1

You would hope that that kind of mentality isn't affecting the players. If they're not bubbling with confidence right now then they shouldn't be playing at this level.

Conversely, Stoke will come here today absolutely bricking it, relatively speaking. They will either clam up and try to shut up or they'll play with a nervous energy leaving gaps for us to exploit. I personally hope it's the latter.

I think we'll win today anyway.

Ha! Yeah, I doubt the players or the manager will be thinking anyting other than 3 points. They don't have the mental scars of following Villa for years to deal with though ;)

• Like 4

If I was a genocidal dictator wanting to get rid of the scum of the earth, stoke would be where I start my regime. Hoping we win in such a manor to send the fans back depressed and distraught. 0-0 it is.

Funnily enough, I've never spent any time wondering how I would proceed if I were a genocidal dictator.

2-1 us

Funnily enough, I've never spent any time wondering how I would proceed if I were a genocidal dictator.

You've never lived!

• Like 2

20 minutes until the line-up, exact same as last week but with Bertrand in for Bennett is my prediction

You're right. Confirmed by Captain Jack on Twitter.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

AVFC: Guzan, Bacuna, Bertrand, Westwood, Vlaar, Baker, El Ahmadi, Delph, Benteke, Weimann, Agbonlahor.

Subs: Steer, Sylla, Holt, Clark, Albrighton, Bennett, Robinson. 

Edited by packoman

Bit harsh on Bennett

Hardly, he wouldn't have even played last week if Bertrand was able to. Plus I think it is important that Bertrand knows if he stays here he will be our first choice, just as it is important for Bennett to understand that too.

Bennett came in as back-up and did a good job of it, that should give him confidence to keep working hard in training. I think we'll see him come off the bench in the second half.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1