Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

I'm always afraid when I'm confident before Villa matches. Then again I'm also afraid when I'm not very confident of a win. So generally I'm just afraid before Villa matches. It's fun.

• Like 3

Stoke will happily sit back and play for a point and we won't have a clue what to do about it. Tedious 0-0 written all over this one, for me.

Its that time of the season unfortunately. Everyone from 10th place down is looking for whatever points they can get. If the Stokes of this world need to park the bus in order to consolidate their Prem status, then they will.

I think, however, theres a bit of a buzz round VP.....the mood has changed and the players are enjoying getting the crowd on their sides again.

I wonder if Lambert will mention yet again how excellent our away form has been even though our home form is now actually better (17 pts home / 17 pts away but more wins at home 5:4)

So relative to every other team our away form is still clearly better then?

So Stoke are on a poor away run?

Guaranteed 3 points then.

I wouldn't call it a poor away run, they haven't won an away game since August 2013. Looking at the form we are in right now we really should be winning today, they are awful away from home.

• Like 1

So Stoke are on a poor away run?

Guaranteed 3 points then.

I wouldn't call it a poor away run, they haven't won an away game since August 2013. Looking at the form we are in right now we really should be winning today, they are awful away from home.

This is Villa though.  :P

Cloudy day in Aston 8c. Feels like 3c . 76% humidity , light winds 10mph. Chance of rain 10%.

I realise this sounds bonkers, but it's currently snowing here (I'm about six miles away from VP) freaky cold sunshine, hail, a bit of rain and a bit of snow. Anyway - wear a coat, that's my advice.

We need to be at it.....we need to press, if we don't we will struggle.

We've done it in our last two home games, I'd be baffled if we didn't do it again. I do worry about whether or not we can consistently be good at it, but I agree that the pressing game suits us.