Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

The rumours are £6m for ayew, I'm obviously guessing at the figures but if we get ayew and Canales for £10m today then I would describe that as absolutely unfuckingbelievable

Yeah I was thinking more in terms of wages. Doubt we could land Ayew unless we will pay him a lot.

Just looking at Canales' actual playing record, he hasn't played too much over the past four seasons or so and has a modest record of goals and assists. Bit of a gamble?

Maybe Cole and Canales are sharing the AMC role and the treatment room? That would make sense.

Canales history is pretty much what is about to happen to Isco.

Had an amazing breakthrough season, got snapped up by Real and was wasn't quite good enough to compete with all the big stars Real continues to buy.

Canales has been very unfortunate with injuries but if he can stay fit he has exceptional technique and vision.

Always a worry with someone who's been injuried that much thou

BBC Sport's Pat Murphy: "Aston Villa have made an undisclosed bid for Real Sociedad attacking midfielder Sergio Canales.

"Formerly at Real Madrid, Canales was a half-time substitute for Real Sociedad in their game against his former team. Madrid were leading 2-0 at the break, but Sociedad ran out 4-2 winners with Canales laying on the fourth goal.

"Villa's bid does not mean their interest in Tom Cleverley is over - but that one's now with the player's camp."

• Like 1

Just looking at Canales' actual playing record, he hasn't played too much over the past four seasons or so and has a modest record of goals and assists. Bit of a gamble?

If his name was Sam Clarke from Manchester rather than Sergio Canales from Spain I can imagine everybody would be rather pissed off about the link.

Maybe Cole and Canales are sharing the AMC role and the treatment room? That would make sense.

They can tag in and out.

At least our medical staff know all about cruciate knee injuries at this stage.

Before anyone asks, I don't know anything about the names being linked today.

So can't offer any insight on them, I'd rather be honest.

Ayew and Diame seem pretty unlikely to me, Canales might have something in it given its so out of left field and seemingly being picked up in various places.

Could be an interesting evening.

Canales history is pretty much what is about to happen to Isco.

Had an amazing breakthrough season, got snapped up by Real and was wasn't quite good enough to compete with all the big stars Real continues to buy.

Canales has been very unfortunate with injuries but if he can stay fit he has exceptional technique and vision.

Always a worry with someone who's been injuried that much thou

So he is like Isco,  hence the cheeky bid