Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I would be amazed and surprised if we sign anyone who is "ready" now.

Give Lambert 100m and I still think he wouldn't spend much on any player, I wouldn't mind this if we had a good 1st team but we don't just more cheap players who we all hope will make the grade most don't.

Most of his signing so far just aren't good enough, Luna, Lowton, Steer, Westwood, KEA, Sylla, Tonev, Helenius, Bowery and Kozak IMO are all below Premiership standard. Sometimes they have good games maybe even a few back to back games but they aren't anywhere near consistent enough to be relied on week in week out.

Of the players still with us who Lambert inherited, Given, Bent, Hutton, Baker, Clark, N'Zogbia, Albrighton, Herd, Delfouneso, Gabby and Wiemann are all the same as the above just no consistency and selling any of them wouldn't be a big loss.

The only players who are worth keeping are Guzan, Vlaar, Bacuna, Delph, Okore (too early to really make a real case either way), Bennett (only just but I believe somewhere there is a good player in this lad), Benteke, that said none are as consistent as I would like to see and all are capable of having a nightmare.

I'm not mentioning the youngsters as they aren't ever given a look in by this manager, maybe they aren't good enough but without ever being given a chance we will never know.

For me we need almost a whole squad which I know isn't going to happen, If it's 20m that Lambert has it might get us a couple of decent players or 4 average players or maybe 6/7 with potential. My guess is it will be the 6/7 with potential that Lambert will go for if so God help us.

Seems very unreasonable, and one would suspect that Grealish and such are coming to the team next year.

Who else are we expecting from the academy? I hope bowery is shipped out so robinson can take his place.

I'm not sure that Lambert will get 20m to spend. We will have one or two coming back from loans which won't help the wages and unless we can get rid of those players it could be another disappointing window.

Aaron Cresswell, LB, Ipswich - £4.5m

Is Cresswell as good as people think he is? I don't believe he is all that and obviously Ipswich would demand a hefty fee for him! Just think there has got to be better left backs around than this guy! Your other choices i completely agree with, just not sure on Cresswell

If Sunderland go down we should try and get Adam Johnson.. He's a good player just in a naff team.. Would be nice to have a technical winger in the squad who can run at players!

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

Aaron Cresswell, LB, Ipswich - £4.5m

Is Cresswell as good as people think he is? I don't believe he is all that and obviously Ipswich would demand a hefty fee for him! Just think there has got to be better left backs around than this guy! Your other choices i completely agree with, just not sure on Cresswell

He's definitely consistent, I think he could make the step up.

That said, I'd rather we got Bertrand for a similar fee

If Bertrand stays we need a

Right Back

2 midfielders

striker if Benteke goes.

hopefully give Grealish more game time

don't need a major busy summer but players that add to the 1st team

• Like 1

We can assume Bent, Hutton,Luna,Given are leaving. Players like Sylla, Bowery, tonev are on 'low' wages so won't be going anywhere.

I hope benteke stays but most likely leaving for about 25m. I'm guesstimating we have 30m maximum to spend

Guzan

Bacuna vlaar okore Bertrand*6m

Westwood Delph

A.johnson*9m Sigurdsson*10m Zaha*5m

Benteke/kozak

Edited by dakid007

If Bertrand stays we need a

Right Back

2 midfielders

striker if Benteke goes.

hopefully give Grealish more game time

don't need a major busy summer but players that add to the 1st team

Spot on. I'd take a half decent winger too.

We can assume Bent, Hutton,Luna,Given are leaving. Players like Sylla, Bowery, tonev are on 'low' wages so won't be going anywhere.

I hope benteke stays but most likely leaving for about 25m. I'm guesstimating we have 30m maximum to spend

Guzan

Bacuna vlaar okore Bertrand*6m

Westwood Delph

A.johnson*9m Sigurdsson*10m Zaha*5m

Benteke/kozak

Zaha for 5 million is a joke. 

I think Johnson could be a risk, he's only really perfored in his Sunderland career since around about the Christmas just gone and I think he's even gone of the boil since then. His wages could be a problem too. I imagine we'll continue to buy players who are unknow to many.

• Like 1

Not gonna hold my breath on signing quality in the Summer.  I was hoping that Randy would push the boat out now we have controlled wages but I think it will be more of the same.  It's all a bit meh really.

• Like 2

Maybe we should have a look at Victor Moses this summer.

Unwanted by Chelsea and barely played by Liverpool while on loan there - can play a number of positions, is relatively young, quick and strong with plenty of Premier League experience. Will probably cost less than the £9m Chelsea paid for him though wages could potentially be a stumbling block.

Oh and Kiyotake has one year left on his deal this summer so he'll be probably cost £4m-£5m rather than the £8m-£10m being kicked around last summer  :P

Maybe we should have a look at Victor Moses this summer.

Unwanted by Chelsea and barely played by Liverpool while on loan there - can play a number of positions, is relatively young, quick and strong with plenty of Premier League experience. Will probably cost less than the £9m Chelsea paid for him though wages could potentially be a stumbling block.

Oh and Kiyotake has one year left on his deal this summer so he'll be probably cost £4m-£5m rather than the £8m-£10m being kicked around last summer :P

I think victor Moses is a great shout, I'd love him here, we should've got him when he left palace