Destiny

PieFacE

Got it today and I'm so far rather enjoying it... It's a fresh idea considering I've only really played call of duty on ps3! I know it will probably be dead in a few months but hey, going to enjoy it while it's good! :)

I'm not entirely sure what's fresh about it?

Got it today and I'm so far rather enjoying it... It's a fresh idea considering I've only really played call of duty on ps3! I know it will probably be dead in a few months but hey, going to enjoy it while it's good! :)

I like the way it handles other players around you but that's about the only fresh thing it has going for it.

It feels like it's trying to be Borderlands and Halo and fallen a little short on both

Bought the game for my nephew, he played it for a few hours. Rang me up saying his mom also bought when she came home from work. Now stuck with an Xbox one copy. Game wanted £22 trade in lmao.

Not sure whether I just like it because I'm supposed to or if it's genuinely really good...

I feel as though it'd be infinitely better if my mates would stop being pussys and upgrade from 360 :(

Was anyone else under the impression it was slightly more open world-e like Borderlands ?

Saw this post and completely agreed with it;

I've played Destiny quite a bit now, and only with friends/family. There's still more to do, but I have a pretty good picture now of what the game's about.

It's fun, but I don't think it's possible to give this game a very high score without being intellectually dishonest.

- It feels like "pretending to be an MMO but not really" with its endlessly underbaked social elements. You can't name characters. There are 4 total emotes. You can't even really talk to people. The social elements are underdeveloped. Meeting and forming teams with other players within the confines of the game, who you don't already know and talk to outside the game, is a fool's errand. 

- The fragmented, highly modular nature of the worlds and the mission structure kills any idea of this being a real persistent world. There's nothing to explore. You run missions, that's it. And that may be fine, but this isn't how they sold it at their previous E3 presentations. They made it out to be more of an open world experience, which it really, really is not.

- Long load times. Forced cutscenes, even if you already watched them. Sometimes a forced cutscene THEN a long load time. What?

- Can't LOOK at my character while playing in a mission other than by performing one of the four emotes. Why not give me some kind of orbit mode? Even Morrowind had that, and it was single player.

- Classes/characters feel limited with not enough skills or abilities or customization. There are only like 7 faces per race, too. Many games have had far better character customization long before this. For a billion dollar game there's no excuse.

- The gunplay is good, and Halo-like, which you might expect. But that's it. Nothing new or amazing.

It's fun if you bring friends or family along, but it's a total snore if you don't have those. The story is really one of the most unremarkable, uncompelling stories I've seen, and the missions are utterly repetitive (call ghost, fight waves. If on hard, run to the entrance where the enemies don't like to go and pick them off from that spot). The game is boring played alone, and this game that supposedly has the social aspect as one of its main gameplay pillars makes it almost impossible to group up or do things together with randoms. If I don't have a real life (or outside the game) friend to team up with, there's little chance of me being able to team up for anything.

7/10 would be the highest I could ever conceive giving this.

As someone who never, ever got the hype over Halo (yes I did play the multiplayer yadda yadda) (sorry donnie) i've really enjoyed this so far.

The combat is where it really shines, it's just so wonderfully satisfying and never feels clunky.

Not sure how much will be below the surface once i've digged a little deeper into the gameplay, but as sheer shooting entertainment goes it's not too shabby at all.

Sounds just like Warframe, which seems more customizable and is free :lol:

Ok, the gun play probably wouldn't be as good, but the missions sound exactly the same.

There are elements of it that reminded me of Warframe - but as you rightly guessed, the gunplay in Warframe is nowhere near as good.

• Like 1

I've never really played borderlands or anything like that.... Basically the only games I've played are cod, FIFA and a bit of gta.

A mate and I went online last night and had a blast through the first few missions. The criticisms I've read in this thread all seem valid - well, the more nuanced ones, at least - but despite all the negatives I had a great time playing it. Sure it's throwaway and I probably won't still be playing it in a couple of months' time, but it's pretty to look at and the combat is satisfying. I don't know how I would have felt had I been playing solo, but with friends it is solid fun. I'm looking forward to playing some more later.

Edited by stwefano

Holy **** aim assist. This is awful. Going for a headshot and my cursor moves all over the place because another enemy runs past, and there's no way to turn it off. And it's on for multiplayer? What the ****.

Edited by Davkaus

It's a shame that the worlds are so empty. Only a few chests and repetitive reputation missions. Feels like there is no need to explore. Just get on the hover bike and zoom off to the check points as there is no need to get off, such a waste.

Enjoying the game a little more now, even the story stuff has its moments.

But for the love of God, they need to tone down the super move shit. At least make it so you aren't guaranteed to die every time it's used on you! Such a cheap kill

Holy **** aim assist. This is awful. Going for a headshot and my cursor moves all over the place because another enemy runs past, and there's no way to turn it off. And it's on for multiplayer? What the ****.

It's a console game.  Aim assist has been huge in them for years, I don't think it's any more prevalent in this game than it is in, say, Call of Duty.   If you want something "pure" then you have to go PC with mouse and keys. 

Â