Destiny

PieFacE

Still haven't had chance to play it yet, beyond creating a character.  I don't really care if it turns out not to be the second coming, or even if it's not as good as Borderlands was, for me it was just an excuse to jump into next gen now there are a few titles on PS4 I am interested in.   I'm not sure it's going to be representative of what "next gen" can really do either, not while the game is being designed with PS3 and 360 ports in mind. 

After getting home from work yesterday, I opened the box and put the disc in my PS4. I was horrified that I then spent the next 3 hours downloading a game patch or something just to enable me to get up and running. 3 hours to download 256mb? AOL broadband - you am shit. So, when the Wales match finished and the download had finished, I tried to play.

Nice opening cinematic - felt very nice indeed. Created my character - though very limited scope for personalisation in comparison with my experiences with Star Wars The Old Republic. I guess there will be a DLC for that.

Then I tried to play the game... for real. Cue getting kicked from the game... servers down... back to cinematic... still no servers.

After 2 hours of this, I went to bed determined to get my money back. As launch days go - that was pathetic. Seeing other reviews here and elsewhere (Amazon) - not sure I'm actually missing anything. Level cap is still 20 and if you want anything else, there's a DLC for that. I understand (if one review is to be believed) that some originally promised content is now held back to be released as DLC... I guess all that hype needs to be paid for somehow... Must be the same people who run the FA and suddenly have a large amount of money still to pay for a 'new' stadium that they can't fill...

Back to SWTOR then on PC until Far Cry 4. Or SW Battlefront. Still, at least I can now watch my 3D films through PS4.

How does the multiplayer work on this? Does gear affect your character in pvp?

Yup. I believe the armour and guns you have all effect the gameplay.

It would be nice if they had a balanced PVP mode.

I'd actually like a PVP mode with balanced guns, balanced armour and no superpowers. 

Edited by PieFacE

Picking this up later today. It seems to be an incredibly divisive game in terms of opinions so i'm not sure what to expect.

Expect fun without much depth and you'll be happy

After playing this for a few hours and seeing/hearing what the rest of the game is like I can almost guarantee that hardly anyone will still be on in a couple of months time

Absolutely. Titanfall mk2

Picking this up later today. It seems to be an incredibly divisive game in terms of opinions so i'm not sure what to expect.

Expect fun without much depth and you'll be happy

That's kinda what I was hoping for actually. :thumb:

My PC gaming covers most of my in depth gaming so I really want something I can just load up and shoot things for an hour.

Kinda glad I haven't bought it to be honest.

I bet it's fun for a few months, but I'll probably get it when it's in the bargain bin, if at all.

I think if you're gonna get it, you'd probably want to get it within the next few weeks, while there's still a decent audience playing online.

If opinions on this thread are to be believed, you won't have much company after a while, and the point of the game is online co-operative play isn't it?

I'd actually like a PVP mode with balanced guns, balanced armour and no superpowers. 

Just did some research and it seems like there is two type of pvp. Iron banner and the crucible. The crucible is the normal pvp and everyone gear is made equal to all other players. The only thing that matters is the gun i.e, the rate of fire.

Iron banner applies no changes to your gear and it's about who has the better gear.

I really like it. I hadnt played the beta or really read much up on it but decided to jump anyway.

Love the Halo like game mechanics

I had no issues with connectivity either and spent 2 hours of the time playing with my mate and voice chat, again no blips - not sure Ive ever seen a day one online game be so fluid.

• Like 1

Just did some research and it seems like there is two type of pvp. Iron banner and the crucible. The crucible is the normal pvp and everyone gear is made equal to all other players. The only thing that matters is the gun i.e, the rate of fire.

Iron banner applies no changes to your gear and it's about who has the better gear.

Oh wow, did not know that :thumb: 

Â