Destiny

PieFacE

I think it's a game that has to be played with others. It won't be particularly groundbreaking if you play alone and have no intention of doing anything else. You can go out and get pretty much any other first person shooter and have that same experience. But the way the online was done wasn't like anything i'd seen before in a game and added a totally different element to it.

The AI are okay, better than the shit Ubisoft like to throw at you but it was mostly a case of stand there and bullet sponge.

The level cap is 20. Still think it's going to be too short.

You can go higher than 20 IIRC. 

The story mode is getting absolutely slated for how paper thin it is. Considering Bungie have been working on this for many years you'd think it would be quite unique. It seems every story mission is largely the same, get to point A, hold square/X on an object, kill waves of enemies. Move to point B, rinse and repeat. 

I just watched a 16 minute youtube review, it looked like Halo meets Gears of War meets Call of Duty.  Sounds good.....buuuut I've done it all before.

Thought this might convince me to buy a next gen (I want to be convinced) (sorry donnie) but nah.

I just watched a 16 minute youtube review, it looked like Halo meets Gears of War meets Call of Duty.  Sounds good.....buuuut I've done it all before.

Thought this might convince me to buy a next gen (I want to be convinced) (sorry donnie) but nah.

Batman: AK!

I just watched a 16 minute youtube review, it looked like Halo meets Gears of War meets Call of Duty. Sounds good.....buuuut I've done it all before.

A quick Google tells me that's out June 2015...

I just watched a 16 minute youtube review, it looked like Halo meets Gears of War meets Call of Duty. Sounds good.....buuuut I've done it all before.

A quick Google tells me that's out June 2015...

I mean that's the game to move to 'next-gen' for!

The story mode is getting absolutely slated for how paper thin it is. Considering Bungie have been working on this for many years you'd think it would be quite unique. It seems every story mission is largely the same, get to point A, hold square/X on an object, kill waves of enemies. Move to point B, rinse and repeat. 

I thought it might be something like that. Games still haven't figured out how to do co-op without creating borderlands. It does make me wonder how the game can cost so much to make though.

I have a ps4 with no games. I planned on just waiting for fifa 15 but I am tempted to get this game. Although I am not a big fan on just shooters like cod. I want a decent story. Can someone give me some insight on this game? 

Absolutely loving this so far, but I'm not fully sure why. It's nothing we've not seen a million times before and, as mentioned, there's little by way of decent narrative

I thought it might be something like that. Games still haven't figured out how to do co-op without creating borderlands. It does make me wonder how the game can cost so much to make though.

The figures being thrown around have nothing to do with cost to make

Playing multiplayer, it really doesn't feel like a next-gen game. I love the gunplay mechanics, but the map design and sizes, the gametypes etc just feels old. I think Titanfall had more going for it in terms of originality to be honest (in PVP multiplayer).

Thing is with Destiny, I'm not sure what it's tying to be. It's been thought of as this big open world where you'll find loads of other players... but when you do manage to find players you can't speak to them? Or they just disappear and do their own thing? 

There's almost an RPG element but no character development.

As an MMO there's no sense of adventure

And as an FPS there's nothing new.

I'm enjoying the PVP but I don't think it will last that long, where's the CTF and Assault gametypes? I think I just want Halo :P

That said, I think Halo has a huge opportunity to be big again if they get it right. Nothing about Destiny screams next gen, I wonder if having to release the game on 360/PS3 has held them back in what they could do? Which is why Halo5 has a great chance to exceed expectations as it's next-gen only. Will be interesting to see what they do with H5.

EDIT: Oh, and there's way way too much time wasted in loading screens!

Edited by PieFacE

Â