Destiny

PieFacE

Figured it was about time we had a Destiny thread. 

destiny.jpg

After the disappointment of playing Titanfall I'm really hoping this game can live up to the hype. Halo1, Halo2 and Halo3 were by far the best games created by Bungie. Halo weren't everyone's cup of tea, but personally, I loved them.

So what do we know about Destiny? P3te stated it's a "it's a persistently online first person rpg".

So how will it work? Do you and your buddies team up and go across a universe fighting other people? Or fighting AI? Or doing both? 

Even if its a copy of any of their previous Halo's I'll be happy, you can't slate them if they do as Halo is their game and not 343's.

Halo is the most fun I've had playing with friends on a FPS and the map creator makes the games playable for years.

Huge hopes for this

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Course they do, they have to shoehorn something in there to make it stand out, right?

I ask because, having watched a stream, it looked like sci fi battlefield, with COD scoring and multipliers, with a jet pack. I thought would've had a bit more substance than that, maybe something I didn't see?

Beta is pretty fun, game feels like it will get repetitive fast though, did a bunch of exploration missions and 80% of them were keep killing the same mobs and loot these shard things.

It might feel repetitive because we are playing probably 5% of the game. Alpha is such an early version of the game, they would have taken most of the things out of the game as they only want to test the servers and whether the game actually works.

If you love Halo, you will adore this. The maps were great, the vehicles just as good, the domination style game mode reminded me of the old style Halos. I haven't even touched the MMO side to the game.

From what I've played so far, it's Halo's classic multilayer with a new MMO side added where you can explore an open world, with or without other players. I've read that you can do raids/dungeons. I'll have to try it out later.

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 1

Aaah shucks! I got a code for BF hardline but don't really want to play it TBH. 

If anyone can issue a code if you have one spair i'd love that! The game looks awesome! 

GIVE ME THE CODE NAO!

Â