Destiny

PieFacE

Enjoying the game a little more now, even the story stuff has its moments.

But for the love of God, they need to tone down the super move shit. At least make it so you aren't guaranteed to die every time it's used on you! Such a cheap kill

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I had a Titan running at me yesterday, he then started his Hulk smash thing, and I killed him before he got to me but I still died just because he was half way through his special. It's a bit daft really.

In those cases, you should be able to use your special to block theirs.

Then you've used your ability to defend and cannot then use it again until it's recharged/respawned etc.

Not having a defense against a special move in any game is stoopid.

• Like 1

Gamecentral referred to the game in their 7/10 review as "relentlessly unamibitious", mostly due to the game seemingly being built from the ground up to be as uncomplicated and unconfusing as possible, so as to appeal to as wide a range of nub-, sorry, people as possible.

There are too many problems with this game, it won't be a game people will be playing for very long, especially the story based stuff.

There aren't enough planets. When I heard that the game was going to have the entire solar system playable, it was the thing getting me most excited about the game. What we get is 4 planets, one zone on each planet and DLC announced before the game has even been announced. It's purely greed as they blatenly have the content held back to fleece people out of more money.

The story missions are the same thing, over and over again. It does this worse than Assassins Creed 1. The loot is almost non existent, and when you do get some it's junk. The big bosses are just a total grind, shoot him until you need to reload, hide behind a wall, repeat for 10 minutes and then sometimes get no loot at the end.

The PvP is unbalanced and poorly planned out. They should team you up and put you against people that are a similar level to you. Instead you get people that are double your level with all the weapons & upgrades. Supposedly they buff you up to make it more even but I'm not sure if this is actually the case.

As I said before, the special moves are ridiculous cheap kills. There's nothing more frustrating than going on a big killstreak by using skill, then having that come to an end because simply presses two buttons.

Even with this I still think the game mechanics are very good and it is a fun game. Yet again a game has been ruined by greed.

7/10 for me

I'm enjoying it despite its obvious faults. It was clearly built to hit a release date though.

I really don't think that is the problem though. Maybe I'm just being a cynic but I reckon that they have all the other planets ready and waiting and will just roll them out every few months £10 a time

This is probably the last FPS game I will play for a long time. BF is almost dead to me after they brought out about 5 DLC packs without even fixing the damn game. CoD is CoD. This has been a huge letdown.

I much prefer playing games with quality content like Mass Effect, Skyrim and TLOU instead of all these cash cow FPS games

The PvP is unbalanced and poorly planned out. They should team you up and put you against people that are a similar level to you. Instead you get people that are double your level with all the weapons & upgrades. Supposedly they buff you up to make it more even but I'm not sure if this is actually the case.

As I said before, the special moves are ridiculous cheap kills. There's nothing more frustrating than going on a big killstreak by using skill, then having that come to an end because simply presses two buttons.

Even with this I still think the game mechanics are very good and it is a fun game. Yet again a game has been ruined by greed.

7/10 for me

I agree with all of this. 

PVP is pretty awful really, I'm really hating the supers and heavy weapons. A lot of the time you'll come up against someone and either get one shot killed with a Heavy weapon, or instantly killed with a Super. Halo always used to feel quite balanced, no matter who you came up against you'd have a chance of beating them if you were skilled enough. There's none of that in this. It's almost as if they want to make it easy for everyone to get kills so it is.

Meh!  

I'm enjoying it despite its obvious faults. It was clearly built to hit a release date though.

A release date that was, 5 years in the making? There just isn't enough game regardless of any excuse

My brother told me that the white ps4 with destiny is coming soon, don't know if he's just taking the piss...

But regarding destiny, I enjoyed the story only with a friend though, it's crap alone. Regarding the PvP, it was annoying playing against people who had almost everything whilst you had the bare minimum. Unbalanced! This was from my experience of the beta on PS3 though.

Most people don't care, it's hard to appreciate unless you've played at 60/120 FPS, so there's not really much demand for it. When the choice is slightly more shiny graphics or improved framerate, it's the better graphics they can demonstrate in photos that's going to sell more copies.

Â