Destiny

PieFacE

I'll probably wait and see what they add into the game via dlc.

It needs;

> new planets with more varied locales/missions

> the fun stuff (racing, mini games etc...) (sorry donald) from Rage

> the insane amounts of customisation from borderlands

> a hell of a lot more player interaction (trading, chatting etc...) whether in the hub or in game

> be able to customise/trade vehicles/weapons.

The basic core of the game is solid, the mechanics are spot on but it's all so same-y.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

I agree with most of the above.  It's a good, but not great shooter.  I don't really get the huge amount of backlash it's receiving but that might be because I completely avoided the hype train for this one.  Yes, I picked a PS4 up in time to play this game but it's not the thing which made me jump to next gen, I had pretty much decided to get one going into this autumn anyway but the white PS4 bundle and the deep discount offered on week one is what made me get the Destiny bundle instead of TLOU remake bundle.  It's a 7/10 game but I'm fine with that. 

Destiny is owned  published by Activision :)

I'm pretty sure Bungie own the intellectual property. 

Activision have the publishing rights for the next 10 years... it might as well be theirs to be fair, because by the time that deal runs out it's unlikely anyone will give two tosses about Destiny (or, more likely, in 3 months)

The raid opened up today and one group on twitch are 13+ hours in and are still trying to kill the boss.

Seems some kills have happened overnight:  (link)

The game tracks stats.  The world first was done by a group who took 10 hours 42 minutes.  They died 1606 times.    The second kill was done by a group who took 12 hours 46 minutes.  They died 1855 times.   I think it's safe to say I have no interest in raiding. 

• Like 1

I assume these will have been good players too, it would take me and whatever motley crew of arthritic fingered friends I could scrounge together twice as long to finish, if we even could. Disappointing that a whole section of the game is locked out to anyone but the unemployed.

With the Raids it saves your progress after each each 'mini boss' so you and a group of other players can chip away at it over a period of time

I think the whole aim of the raids to keep the players who have the time to play a videogame for  a day

I assume these will have been good players too, it would take me and whatever motley crew of arthritic fingered friends I could scrounge together twice as long to finish, if we even could. Disappointing that a whole section of the game is locked out to anyone but the unemployed.

It should be open to matchmaking  and save points based on where you got in your game linking you up to people at a similar place in the raid. It's hard enough getting 6 people who know what they're doing to play at the same time never mind for half a day.

Oh and the raid bosses in this game are terrible. Shoot, cover, kill inifnite respawning enemies, shoot, cover. repeat. It's possible to make interesting raid bosses in an FPS (See terramorphous, Borderlands) the whole game just feels lazy.

Edited by Rino8

Â