Destiny

PieFacE

Enjoyable enough, but the most expensive game of all time?  They must have blown the budget on drugs and hookers.

It's not the most expensive game of all time, that's been spun to the high heavens.

The Destiny "project" costing is $500m, that includes 10 years worth of games, dlc, support, marketing, pr and all other associated costs

Nobody has mentioned the voice acting by Peter Dinklage in this. I know he's literally voicing a robo but it's just awful. The script being uninspiring at its best probably doesn't help but, jesus.

Looking past me being crap at console shooters, I just don't enjoy this at all. It's incredibly repetitive and there's nothing really to encourage me to keep playing. The same dull enemies over and over, the levels in each zone look so similar on a couple of occasions I've played through a level I've already finished and it's taken half the level for my to notice. Feels like Borderlands if you took all of the interesting loot out of it, I think I'll be trading this in tomorrow.

Bungie were in damage limitation mode even before the release, it should have been obvious. They built up a lot of good will through Halo, but their next releases should be treated with suspicion until after release. Who am I kidding, they'll still sell millions of preorders.

Played this again today for a few hours as a lot of friends are playing it so I wanted to enjoy it enough to keep playing, but it's just complete shite. One of the most vapid underwhelming games I've ever played. Hold square, kill a few waves of enemies, ad infinitum. 

Edited by Davkaus

Well, I have to say that actually, this is a load of old turd.   Boring, repetitive levels and gameplay, there's just very little to recommend it at all.

Yep, it's only taken a few days but my initial enthusiasm has disappeared. It's just so boring. Going to trade it in ASAP.

I seem to have avoided a bullet! :D

Very happy I saved my pennies for the upcoming FIFA/GTA games :)

Feel sorry for the people that got caught up in the hyper though, £50 is a lot of money to spend and be disappointing with, I guess you could trade in?

• Like 1

I seem to have avoided a bullet! :D

Very happy I saved my pennies for the upcoming FIFA/GTA games :)

Feel sorry for the people that got caught up in the hyper though, £50 is a lot of money to spend and be disappointing with, I guess you could trade in?

£27 for digital, but no trade in :(

It's a shame as it could be a really good game, but it's just lazy. I bet all the good stuff will come in updates and DLC. Which I won't be purchasing. 

I think the main legacy of the game will be that it got a lot of people to actually 'upgrade' to a next gen console

I'd love to see how many PS4s Sony sold this month, on the back of Destiny bundles

Re the game: I like it, i've yet to really play it solo, but in a group of friends it's a solid enough title

Edited by Mozzavfc

I seriously have no desire to pick up this game again. I played the Beta for longer than the full release which really says something. I've probably spent 3-4 hours playing the full games and I'm bored to **** of it already.

Apparently the new Raid modes which open up today require you to be at level 26? That's ridiculous if true.

Also, you need to have 6 friends to play with to play a Raid, there's no matchmaking if you're playing solo.... WTF! 

Edited by PieFacE

I avoided it as I'm not a fan of Halo and it just seemed very Halo-like to me, I could be terribly wrong, but I think I'll definitely give it a miss with all the posts in here. Activision must be laughing. Last year it was BF coming out first and being awful which helped Ghosts sell, this year it's Destiny. They don't even need to advertise at this point.

Â