Destiny

PieFacE

I just unlocked Defender at level 15

Do i switch to it straight away or keep with Striker

Depends what you're doing / playing.

Defender is brilliant for control in pvp, other than that you're probably better off with striker.

Also if you are doing bounties and you have unlocked both subclasses you can switch between subclass before handing in a completed bounty to use the bounty xp to level up the subclass you're not using.

Useful if you've maxed out a subclass or need to get started on a new subclass

Edited by jjaacckk91

You can create any new subclass at level 1 once you reached level 15 with one of your characters.  It's a fact about the game which is surprisingly badly advertised. 

No, the first time you make a class you have to level to 15 before you can unlock a subclass.  Once you have done that you can make any subclass at level 1, so if you made a Hunter tomorrow then you could choose between Gunslinger or Bladedancer at level 1. 

so you have to replay from level1?

playing as hunter at the moment, thought i was doing alright until i joined a couple of co-ops. dying constantly and getting like maybe a third of the ammount of kills the others get.. level 13 and i have about 358 defense and my wep does 119 dmg if that means anything. bet im doing something wrong ;)

Only if you want multiple characters, and lots of people do. 

As for your co op experience, don't worry about it.  Your stats will change loads between now and 20 so you can virtually ignore them.  Stock up on bounties from the guy in the tower, do those and hand them in all the time and it will build you reputation for level 20 gear when you get there.  Buy some stuff of the Cryptarch if he is selling blue items. Don't worry about finishing bottom of the kill charts if you are completing the missions. If you are dying too much then just hang back a bit. 

went fairly quickly to level 20. Doing alright now :)

The strikes are pretty slow though, that one where you have to take out three guards one of which is in a tank and the main guy afterwards takes **** ages :) they do change them around every now and again though i hope? already done it three times now..

The strikes are pretty slow though, that one where you have to take out three guards one of which is in a tank and the main guy afterwards takes **** ages :) they do change them around every now and again though i hope? already done it three times now..

Did one earlier on Mars where you have to take out a guy that's essentially a massively beefed up Colossus. Hard work

think that might be the same one, hes in a open room with two mezzanines on the sides? bunch of phalanxes and leigonaires that keep coming in ? massive pain :)

going to try out the weekly mission tonight, see if thats any easier hehe. Good game over all though, im pretty impressed with it, even if theres some elements missing.

Unfortunately it's the same missions as the story for strikes, which you have to do again and again. Luckily they add damage modifiers and other bits which mean you have to appoach it in different ways when played at higher levels

There are sometimes new missions, which are about for a limited time. The 1st one was Queen's wrath which was a few weeks ago

Unfortunately it's the same missions as the story for strikes, which you have to do again and again. Luckily they add damage modifiers and other bits which mean you have to appoach it in different ways when played at higher levels

There are sometimes new missions, which are about for a limited time. The 1st one was Queen's wrath which was a few weeks ago

Even Queen's Wrath was the same missions with different rewards.

Even Queen's Wrath was the same missions with different rewards.

Yup.

I think Destiny has some good ideas, but they're all barely there. A really good game will come from some of what Destiny tried, but it won't be called Destiny

I am basically Billy No Mates on PS4 so never had anyone to do the raid with but I used one of those websites that advertise people who want to do various missions.

Found a team and I must say that the raid is so much better than the rest of the game, its actually clever and requires you to think. As everyone who has done it will know you all need mics and basically a lot of it down is down to communication. The only downside was one of our team left for the last boss so the team decided to cheese it. I've never done any raiding before but loved the Vault of Glass.

I am basically Billy No Mates on PS4 so never had anyone to do the raid with but I used one of those websites that advertise people who want to do various missions.

Found a team and I must say that the raid is so much better than the rest of the game, its actually clever and requires you to think. As everyone who has done it will know you all need mics and basically a lot of it down is down to communication. The only downside was one of our team left for the last boss so the team decided to cheese it. I've never done any raiding before but loved the Vault of Glass.

mind sharing that website? all my friends are wiuu rocket polishers :)

found a easy way to deal with aksor the priest , in that space ship. or well someone showed me. you can hide under that platform on the far end and aksor can barely hit you and maybe a third of the other enemies can, well easy to kill em all  :)

mind sharing that website? all my friends are wiuu rocket polishers :)

found a easy way to deal with aksor the priest , in that space ship. or well someone showed me. you can hide under that platform on the far end and aksor can barely hit you and maybe a third of the other enemies can, well easy to kill em all  :)

Google "Destiny LFG" there are two, fairly sure one ripped off the other but does the job. I got a game that wasn't full of american kids calling me a douche bag or a "fag". A few moments had me in stitches, particularly when one the team got a ship as the main bit of loot at the end of beating the final boss.

Make an account on rllmuk, it's probably the biggest UK gaming forum and there are tons of people playing. The Destiny thread has something like 10,000 posts on it.

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/240029-destiny-see-op-for-player-list-xbox-one-raiders-needed/

• 2 weeks later...

Expansion announced already, £19.99

You get 2 (yes two) strikes and 2 (yes two) extra levels to level up. No planets are added.

Xbox people get 1 (yes one) extra strike just because their console has the word Xbox and not Playstation.

I don't know how anyone can even think about buying this but no doubt some will see it as a good deal.

In terms of what was promised and the reputation of the people making the game, this is one of the worst games I've ever bought. Will be selling it ASAP and Bungie have been added to the list.

Â