Destiny

PieFacE

Wow, so there's only 4 explorable planets? With one zone in each planet?

Earth, Moon, Venus and Mars.

I thought this game was supposed to be huge? Bet 80% of it has been ripped out for DLC.

Still will be purchasing it (well, already purchased) and looking forward to PvP more than anything else. 

Bungie have said the game length wont be an issue but the level cap is 20 so I don't know what to think

I mean the Beta was, level 8? And you got there in around 5 hours.

well the level cap is at least level 29 as IGN did a walk around as a level 29 Titan a few months ago

Ah fair enough. I hope I'm wrong because the Beta was generally pretty impressive.

I think it's going to be an expensive game to keep up to date with though. It's going to be a lot of DLC and Activision like to have you overpay for mediocrity once a game has been released.

So, what class are you going to be choosing? Titan, Warlock or Hunter? 

Picked Hunter in the Beta but Titan probably, I normally go with more specific classes on these kind of games but they look pretty good, plus melee classes are always a good time.

any idea when the review embargo finishes?

It's not a review embargo as such, the servers just aren't online until tomorrow so nobody can play it. (That way Destiny can say it's not an embargo but it basicaly is)

Apparently there's a chance on the Xbox One if you've downloaded the game digitally, you can change your console region to New Zealand and you'll be able to play it from 1PM today. Whether it works or not I'm unsure, has worked with other games in the past though! 

Edited by PieFacE

Dunno really to be honest. Every stream I watch looks so boring. Run into room, kill enemies, run into next room, kill enemies... over and over again.

I'm just looking forward to PVP 'cos I've always loved Halo's multiplayer. 

Tonnes of adverts for this all over the place combined with a review embargo concerns me. The telltale stench of them trying to flog as many copies as possible before word gets out of how it actually plays.

May turn out to be decent, but it's always best to hold out for at least a few days when it comes to games that you can't read/watch third party coverage of in advance, IMO. They've got something to hide.

Edited by Davkaus

I'm surprised people don't seem to have a problem with the almost DRM like feature in Destiny. If their servers go down, or your internet goes down, you can't play the game. Was quite a hot topic about a year ago.... 

What's the hype with this game? I'm watching a live stream and it looks totally ordinary.

It's the same as anything which gets hype, a bunch of men in suits decided to spend a ton of money on advertising.

I had an idea of how it would play (not that I've played it). But if it's anything like borderlands, it'll have to be something you're into to get the most out of it. Games which include farming don't really interest me after the first play through. The AI will almost certainly be a bit "stupid" which is my main gripe with things like this and warframe.

When i played the beta the AI actually felt challenging. They were getting behind cover and actually using it. The boss fights were challenging too.

The raids are supposed to be super hard too. Bungie invited a few competitive clans to play their raids and i don't think of them were able to complete the raid.

"Understandably, while two of the four groups made the final encounter, they were unable to beat it."

I didn't think the game was all that after watching the E3 stuff, but i played the beta with a few friends and loved it. Sure it's the same concept as other games, but most games are nowadays.

Edited by Daniel

I think it's a game that has to be played with others. It won't be particularly groundbreaking if you play alone and have no intention of doing anything else. You can go out and get pretty much any other first person shooter and have that same experience. But the way the online was done wasn't like anything i'd seen before in a game and added a totally different element to it.

The AI are okay, better than the shit Ubisoft like to throw at you but it was mostly a case of stand there and bullet sponge.

The level cap is 20. Still think it's going to be too short.

Edited by Rino8

Â