The Boring Thread

Spoony

13 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Could put this in the things you often wonder thread, but it’s possibly boring enough to belong here.

Your mother and father are your parents.

Your son and your daughter are your children. 

Your brother and your sister are your siblings.

I’ve had a little look and there doesn’t seem to be a collective term for nieces and nephews or aunts and uncles. 

I’ve seen it suggested that “nibling” could be used for your nieces and nephews, but I think that’s shit.

Meanwhile “cousin” is there, not bothering with any male/female terms.

"Piblings" for Aunts and Uncles apparently (Parents' Siblings). But seems to be a bit of reverse engineering going on there.

On 21/06/2022 at 20:24, Follyfoot said:

Take the head off the shower and stick the head slightly up your arse and turn the cold water on, you feel it full up then stop and you basically empty out on a massive movement. Put the shower head over the shower hole hole for a good 5 mins to make sure the nasty stuff gets well flushed away, you will feel golden for days 

spacer.png

On 26/07/2022 at 23:32, bickster said:

Yeah but Lingonberry sauce on the same plate a fish? Filthy perverts!

When I was young my parents took me lingonberry picking on Cannock Chase.

Made into a jam which could also be used as a substitute for cranberry sauce

On 22/07/2022 at 02:25, Tegis said:

I think Greece is the only country that puts the native name of their country (Hellas) on their athletics competition gear. Everyone else seems to  use the English name.

Keinonen-Murto-1970 - Finland men's national ice hockey team - Wikipedia a picture of another country that uses its native name.

Edited by fruitvilla

12 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

When I was young my parents took me lingonberry picking on Cannock Chase.

Made into a jam which could also be used as a substitute for cranberry sauce

Having a substitute for cranberries implies they were worthy of being substituted in the first place

Cranberries, worst berry I've ever come across, what is that weird dry mouth thing that happens after you eat them

I'd eat ligonberries, cranberries can GTFO, Its what I'd imagine that eating red painted sheep shit would be like

Just now, bickster said:

Having a substitute for cranberries implies they were worthy of being substituted in the first place

Cranberries, worst berry I've ever come across 

And there's a Beatles connection. 

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I was thinking of the traditional English Christmas turkey with cranberry sauce. Brūkleņu zaft is an excellent substitute for cranberry sauce, and the cranberry sauce is worthy of substituting. As was Coutinho for Beundia. Sorry wrong thread.

38 minutes ago, bickster said:

I can't hate fruit based on a Beatles connection, I'm not THAT bad ;) 

Just as well, or you'd have to give up cranberries, apples, strawberries and tangerines. 

47 minutes ago, bickster said:

This is an American tradition. English tradition is redcurrant jelly.

You are likely right here, 1979 was the last time I spent Christmas in England. My Christmases were a blend of traditions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fruitvilla said:

Keinonen-Murto-1970 - Finland men's national ice hockey team - Wikipedia a picture of another country that uses its native name.

My boring retort would be that I was referring to track and field athletics. Which turned out to be very wrong anyway

Edited by Tegis

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

Last night I bought some raw sunflower seeds. They were 50 cents cheaper than roasted.

Today I've dry roasted them on the stove top. 

If you were in the UK, those five minutes of gas used to roast would have set you back £465.19, rendering the savings useless. 

• Like 2

Â