Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Nigel

5 at the back against a team with no natural strikers.  :angry:

maybe is 3 at the back and flood midfield ?

flood midfield with defenders?

the 4-3-3 formation WORKS away from home. Why change it?

It's not an ideal line up but come on pack it in with the over reaction. Embarrassing!

we will see i guess.................

Yeah, how about trying that.

I'm amazed nobody else can see what I can with this lineup. We're going long ball, it's the right thing to do. They'd batter us if we tried to take them on in the middle.

What do I know though hey. Maybe I'm just not cut out for VT any longer.

• Like 1

**** sake. Going to be ugly - why not set up in the same way as against pool. Bains and

co are going to expose us down the flanks.

Could have something to do with our main tactic in that game being injured.

Like for like replacement - Bacuna further forward or Albrighton out wide.

5 at the back against a team with no natural strikers.  :angry:

maybe is 3 at the back and flood midfield ?

flood midfield with defenders?

the 4-3-3 formation WORKS away from home. Why change it?

Bacuna is a midfielder who can play at full back

anyway, not the team set up i wanted either, but i dont think it will be 5-3-2

think we could still be 4-3-3 tbh with baker as one of the right back, he has played there before, and bacuna in right midfield

or could be 3-5-2. think this is why Lambert has gone for this line up today, cos is adaptable

Edited by walesavfc

FFS. I don't mind Holt as a sub, specially if we're trying to hold a lead. But he's going to be knackered and completely ineffective after 30mins. 

Seriously disappointed with that line up.Think Lambert has really **** it there. If we get a result here I'll happily say I know jack shit about football and Lambert is a god. But I really really doubt thats going to happen. Playing for a draw here.#

This formation may work if Gabby was up front. But without him, we're going to be terrible.

Edited by PieFacE

The last couple pages of this thread are embarrassing.

If we get a result today it will be the same people condemning Lambert for picking the team as it will be the people saying "And imagine what a mastermind like Lambert would be able to do with more money? I'd walk if I was him. Lerner out".

Fickle fickle fickle. Just give the team a chance??

It's not an ideal line up but come on pack it in with the over reaction. Embarrassing!

we will see i guess.................

Yeah, how about trying that.

I'm amazed nobody else can see what I can with this lineup. We're going long ball, it's the right thing to do. They'd batter us if we tried to take them on in the middle.

What do I know though hey. Maybe I'm just not cut out for VT any longer.

Nah Dave you're right. Bypass the midfield and get down the wings with genuine attacking threats in Bacuna and Bertrand. Holt will hassle leaving space for Benteke and Weimann who have had decent chemistry lately.

Funnily enough, Baggies went to 3 CB's when they were chasing the game on Wednesday so it can be an attacking formation, but I doubt we'll see it like that at the start.