Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Nigel

I personally wouldnt change a winning side that managed 4 goals . But Lowton was pretty awful , suppose that needed changing or I maybe would have set up similar to the Plop game and maybe puf Albrighton wide right instead of Gabby.

Not thrilled with Holtburher starting, but lets see what he manages to do. Get someone sent off or win a pen and the loan deal will be worth it

5 at the back against a team with no natural strikers.  :angry:

maybe is 3 at the back and flood midfield ?

flood midfield with defenders?

the 4-3-3 formation WORKS away from home. Why change it?

Bacuna is a midfielder who can play at full back

Fair enough but Bertrand isnt.

I just dont see the point in having 3 centre backs to mark Mirallas. Mind boggling. Baker and Clark will probably get in each others way and Mirallas will run through and score. If anything we should have packed the midfield and stopped them from playing like we did against Liverpool.

This is West Ham all over again except they have better quality and will score a few.

Play two big fellas upfront? Fine... but whos going to supply them with crosses? You need to at least play wingers. Bertrand and Bacuna will have to get forward alot.. but it wont work as our midfield will not retain possession long enough.

Cant see anything but a 2-0 loss. Would love to be wrong.

It's obvious that we are playing with wing backs. Westwood and Delph will spread the play, Benteke and Holt will hold the ball up for Andi. Bertrand and Bacuna can whip balls into the box.

I think the ball will be aimed at Holt and Benteke will play off him with Andi running from deep.

I like it. It's designed to expose Everton's weaknesses.

• Like 3

Lambert really does piss me off sometimes. Negative, shit football. You think the players like dicking around with all these formations? No wonder it looks like they can't pass it to each other sometimes

**** sake. Going to be ugly - why not set up in the same way as against pool. Bains and

co are going to expose us down the flanks.

Could have something to do with our main tactic in that game being injured.

Like for like replacement - Bacuna further forward or Albrighton out wide.

Sorry, there isn't anyone in our squad who would be a like for like replacement for Gabby, he's pretty much our only pacey forward player that would give defenders a hard time.

Everton will play keep ball and try build it up slowly. Their central midfield is too good to expect us to play it through the middle, and without Gabby, we don't have someone who can hurt them on the break up front. Our best chance of winning is hitting it up to Benteke/Holt and waiting for our quicker players (Weimann, Delph, Bacuna and Bertrand) to flood forward on the counter.

It won't be pretty, but it's pretty much the only way we'll win this game.

• Like 1

Lambert really does piss me off sometimes. Negative, shit football. You think the players like dicking around with all these formations? No wonder it looks like they can't pass it to each other sometimes

What so you don't think formations and line-ups should be tailored to individual games?

So if we try to play football against Everton we'll fail but we were more than able to do that against Liverpool. Explain that to me.

3 at the back and holt upfront is disappointing. Holt has offered no real attacking threat in his sub appearances.

What so you don't think formations and line-ups should be tailored to individual games?
I don't think we should play 5 in the back against a team without a recognized striker and 2 target men in general.

It's just everton. We succeeded pressing high against Liverpool and they have one of the most dangerous strike forces. Ffs, it's not like they're man city

Edited by Kwan

It's obvious that we are playing with wing backs. Westwood and Delph will spread the play, Benteke and Holt will hold the ball up for Andi. Bertrand and Bacuna can whip balls into the box.

I think the ball will be aimed at Holt and Benteke will play off him with Andi running from deep.

I like it. It's designed to expose Everton's weaknesses.

but what is their weakness? they have one of the best defences in the league.. especially at home. Distin can hold his own against Benteke.

So if we try to play football against Everton we'll fail but we were more than able to do that against Liverpool. Explain that to me.

3 at the back and holt upfront is disappointing. Holt has offered no real attacking threat in his sub appearances.

We don't have Gabby this time though.