1) We won't be able to attack

2) We won't be able to get out of our own half

3) Lambert is a shit tacitian

4) Holt should never start because we don't like him

5) We are going to surrender

6) It's all Lerner's fault

7) It's all Faulkner's fault

8) It's all Lambert's fault

It's obvious that we are playing with wing backs. Westwood and Delph will spread the play, Benteke and Holt will hold the ball up for Andi. Bertrand and Bacuna can whip balls into the box.

I think the ball will be aimed at Holt and Benteke will play off him with Andi running from deep.

I like it. It's designed to expose Everton's weaknesses.

but what is their weakness? they have one of the best defences in the league.. especially at home. Distin can hold his own against Benteke.

Maybe that is the point, he can hold his own against Benteke but if he is already worrying about Holt then Benteke may get to slip through (or vice versa). There is also Weimann there, so 2 big nuisances to deal with as well as 1 small one. Could work, we'll see.

I dont mind the long ball/Holt tactics.. i agree it may work to some extent.. but Baker should not be playing in place of KEA.. we could do with the extra body putting pressure on their quality midfield players. They will have far too much space and will eventually create openings to score.

• Like 1

I'm sure with the hours of scouting, videos and match reports Lambert will decide what he thinks will be most effective against Everton. It could go wrong or produce another Southampton result. We'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by The_Steve

It's obvious that we are playing with wing backs. Westwood and Delph will spread the play, Benteke and Holt will hold the ball up for Andi. Bertrand and Bacuna can whip balls into the box.

I think the ball will be aimed at Holt and Benteke will play off him with Andi running from deep.

but what is their weakness? they have one of the best defences in the league.. especially at home. Distin can hold his own against Benteke.

Maybe that is the point, he can hold his own against Benteke but if he is already worrying about Holt then Benteke may get to slip through (or vice versa). There is also Weimann there, so 2 big nuisances to deal with as well as 1 small one. Could work, we'll see.

yeah that i dont have a problem with. I just cant see why the need for 5 at the back. We wont have much of the ball to do any damage with 3 upfront and they will just dominate.. and they have enough quality players to get through our shaky defence.

I hope im wrong and we dominate and win 5-0 !

yeah that i dont have a problem with. I just cant see why the need for 5 at the back. We wont have much of the ball to do any damage with 3 upfront and they will just dominate.. and they have enough quality players to get through our shaky defence.

I hope im wrong and we dominate and win 5-0 !

Maybe 5 at the back to allow Bertrand and Bacuna to get forward more, if we can get crosses into the box we'll be dangerous with those two battering rams up front.