Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Nigel

It's obvious that we are playing with wing backs. Westwood and Delph will spread the play, Benteke and Holt will hold the ball up for Andi. Bertrand and Bacuna can whip balls into the box.

I think the ball will be aimed at Holt and Benteke will play off him with Andi running from deep.

I like it. It's designed to expose Everton's weaknesses.

but what is their weakness? they have one of the best defences in the league.. especially at home. Distin can hold his own against Benteke.

Maybe that is the point, he can hold his own against Benteke but if he is already worrying about Holt then Benteke may get to slip through (or vice versa). There is also Weimann there, so 2 big nuisances to deal with as well as 1 small one. Could work, we'll see.

yeah that i dont have a problem with. I just cant see why the need for 5 at the back. We wont have much of the ball to do any damage with 3 upfront and they will just dominate.. and they have enough quality players to get through our shaky defence.

I hope im wrong and we dominate and win 5-0 !

Maybe 5 at the back to allow Bertrand and Bacuna to get forward more, if we can get crosses into the box we'll be dangerous with those two battering rams up front.

and to counter the threat of Baines. Bacuna vs Baines will be very very interesting

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Off the back from a point away at high flying Liverpool and coming back from 2-0 down to score 4 at home and people still feel the need to post this kinda stuff?

bettercallthewaaahmbulance.jpg

So the first time all season we've put back to back good performances together and now no one can express a concerned opinion?

• Like 1

not sure what Holt did to deserve such over-the-top reactions. If he's in Gabby's position, he'll work the left channel and maybe the thinking is he'll be up against an inexperienced RB in Stones who he can perhaps bully..

won't know what formation is till we're on pitch. could be more 442 with Baker & Bacuna full back and Bertrand & Weimann wide. could be 343/352

Definitely not what I expected, very unhappy that Holt is starting and although Lowton was weak defensively, he offers so much in attack i'd much rather him start.

Good going forward but, in the words of one Dwayne Johnson, he needs to know his role and shut his god damn mouth.

i dont understand why people who like to talk about football on a forum about opinions get criticized.. its a discussion... if you dont like anyone disagreeing with you just log off. No need for insults or 'funny' remarks.

• Like 2

Off the back from a point away at high flying Liverpool and coming back from 2-0 down to score 4 at home and people still feel the need to post this kinda stuff?

bettercallthewaaahmbulance.jpg

So the first time all season we've put back to back good performances together and now no one can express a concerned opinion?

Your entitled to express concern, but some people aren't just expressing concern, they're hugely over reacting and completely writing us off before a ball has been kicked in anger and seeing how we actually set up.

i dont understand why people who like to talk about football on a forum about opinions get criticized.. its a discussion... if you dont like anyone disagreeing with you just log off. No need for insults or 'funny' remarks.

Works both ways