Ryan Bertrand

Didiersix

If he keeps playing like this he wont be coming here, bitter sweet.

Not necessarily. He's not been brilliant by any stretch, in terms of other team's fans looking at him and thinking "wow what a signing that'd be". Instead he's been incredibly competent, and very reliable. For us as Villa fans, that's like having Messi in the team, but in terms of other teams looking at him, he hasn't done anything to make him look like a superstar yet. If he keeps doing exactly what he has been, and doesn't drive in a few 40 yarders or win a load of MOTM awards, then we've got a very good chance of picking him up... after he's signed he can start doing the fancy stuff

He's still on track with what I was saying anyway. Good man Ryan, you just keep being adequate until we sign you permanently, then you can turn it up a notch

• Like 3

It's not as if any of the bomb squad have gone on to do anything. Bannan? Bench. Bent? Bench. Ireland? Bench.

Yeah, you could have put them in the squad for "bluffing" reasons but all the other clubs knew they were shit too.

You're speaking in hindsight though which is a bit misleading. Nobody thought Bent would be sitting of Fulham's bench when he signed (least of all them) for example. Note that no other club employs such a policy generally when trying to offload players. It literally has no benefit at all.

• Like 1

Eh I always thought that the bomb squad would sit on the bench, especially the overrated Bent.

I just don't see a situation where we could've gotten more money whilst pretending to play them

So you thought Fulham were planning to have him on the bench after agreeing to pay a substantial loan-fee and all of his wages?

If the 'bombing out' policy has no effect on the value of players, more clubs would do it.

So you thought Fulham were planning to have him on the bench after agreeing to pay a substantial loan-fee and all of his wages?

If the 'bombing out' policy has no effect on the value of players, more clubs would do it.

Honestly, yes. Martin jol is a dreadfully lazy manager.

slowly, getting him down to our level.

On what basis is this comment made? So, so pointless.

I'm a big fan of Ryan, but I feel what TRO says is not totally pointless. Ryan was clearly better quality than the rest of our team in his first couple games. Now he is blending in. He's still reliable and much better than Luna or Bennet, but he's not standing out.

However, your post is unnecessarily negative in tone TRO, there I agree with Stefan.

Must be back in the side today so he's sharp for Old Trafford next week.

I'm pleased that Bennett did well last week, but he's just not as good as Bertrand who has done nothing to deserve the drop IMO.

• Like 2

Is it me or does he always seem to be in the oppositions half! Although to be fair he does seem to put in a fair amount of crosses.....

Still far better than Bennett/Luna however!

Â