Ryan Bertrand

Didiersix

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on Ryan Bertrand's future: "He has a future in Chelsea and a past. Of course he has a future and the decision to let him got to Villa on loan was good. He is playing and that is what he needs to play every game so yes the doors are open to him and maybe next season he is with us."

From the bbc text service so apologies for no link.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on Ryan Bertrand's future: "He has a future in Chelsea and a past. Of course he has a future and the decision to let him got to Villa on loan was good. He is playing and that is what he needs to play every game so yes the doors are open to him and maybe next season he is with us."

From the bbc text service so apologies for no link.

To be fair, if they simply put the message out they don't want him or he isn't of any value to them, then it is unlikely that they'd get much money for him. Of course he could be being genuine but I doubt Bertrand has a future there personally.

To be fair, if they simply put the message out they don't want him or he isn't of any value to them, then it is unlikely that they'd get much money for him.

Indeed. It's a shame this isn't something understood by Lambert when it comes to 'bombing out' any player he no longer wants here.

• Like 2

To be fair, if they simply put the message out they don't want him or he isn't of any value to them, then it is unlikely that they'd get much money for him.

Indeed. It's a shame this isn't something understood by Lambert when it comes to 'bombing out' any player he no longer wants here.

Although we know for a fact that the bombing out of players is more to do with Faulkner and more specifically Lerner/the rest of the board.

Although we know for a fact that the bombing out of players is more to do with Faulkner and more specifically Lerner/the rest of the board.

I doubt they would want them to be forced out in such a way, that we practically have to give them away though. It makes no financial sense. I doubt they are happy that they have paid Hutton something like £4m in wages since he has last played a game for us.

• Like 1

Do we know that it is Faulkner/Lerner rather than Lambert?

Of course they arent happy about that but if nobody will take him and he isnt good enough for the 11 then what can you do?

The point being that it is much harder to offload him (without clubs then trying to take the piss with any offers) when you declare to the world that you are desperate for them to leave and there is no chance of them ever playing for the club again.

I'd also say that although Hutton isn't very good and was a poor signing, I don't think he is so poor that he can't even be involved in the squad or have been back-up right-back last season or this.

• Like 1

Of course they arent happy about that but if nobody will take him and he isnt good enough for the 11 then what can you do?

Well, send them out on loan no matter how little the other club contributes, on the pretence that it is to give them game time with a view to their possible return to the first team squad. It is called `bluffing', something Mourinho and other managers do, rather than making it so obvious that the player is totally unwanted.

Never did understand why the `bomb squad' was considered the way to do things.

The point being that it is much harder to offload him (without clubs then trying to take the piss with any offers) when you declare to the world that you are desperate for them to leave and there is no chance of them ever playing for the club again.

I'd also say that although Hutton isn't very good and was a poor signing, I don't think he is so poor that he can't even be involved in the squad or have been back-up right-back last season or this.

Surely this, along with the fact that Lambert said he won't play at Villa again for financial reasons, points to add-on clauses and bonuses in Hutton's contract that are preventing him from being played.

Do we know that it is Faulkner/Lerner rather than Lambert?

What we do know is that we don't have 5 Bertrands chilling in the bomb squad - we have useless / shite players nobody wants! Hell even palace brought bannan!

Edited by villan_007

Well, send them out on loan no matter how little the other club contributes, on the pretence that it is to give them game time with a view to their possible return to the first team squad. It is called `bluffing', something Mourinho and other managers do, rather than making it so obvious that the player is totally unwanted.

Yes because we just tell clubs to loan our players? that's how it works yeah? no club wanted them. Bent and Ireland got moves and Irelands ended up being permanent. What was left is the shite nobody wants.

Surely this, along with the fact that Lambert said he won't play at Villa again for financial reasons, points to add-on clauses and bonuses in Hutton's contract that are preventing him from being played.

Possibly but then I it seems to be Lambert's MO when it comes to trying to shift players. I mean when the same is done to Barry Bannan who wasn't even a particularly high-earner, then I doubt that the policy is purely financially motivated.

Possibly but then I it seems to be Lambert's MO when it comes to trying to shift players. I mean when the same is done to Barry Bannan who wasn't even a particularly high-earner, then I doubt that the policy is purely financially motivated.

To be fair, Bannan made 32 appearances for us last season so that is a very different situation to Hutton. 

Anyway, back on topic, I really hope we try to get a deal for Bertrand struck as soon as possible after the season ends. The longer it goes the more likely another team will swoop in.

Yes because we just tell clubs to loan our players? that's how it works yeah? no club wanted them. Bent and Ireland got moves and Irelands ended up being permanent. What was left is the shite nobody wants.

Of course we can't.

My point was that no matter how little, it would be better to have them on loan than rotting with our kids, which helps no one.

My other point was that, even if they cannot be loaned out, it just seems pointless to let everyone know that we do not want, and never will want, to retain particular players.

I do not see how that can be helpful.

To be fair, Bannan made 32 appearances for us last season so that is a very different situation to Hutton. 

True but Bannan had been frozen out towards the end of last season anyway. I think it is fair to assume that had Palace not gone in for him on deadline day, he'd be rotting away in the reserves alongside Hutton. Once you are 'bombed out' there isn't really any way back.

Â