Grant Holt

samjp26

To be fair, looks can be deceiving. I was once playing football at LB and came up against this short fat guy. I thought he'd be easy but he ran rings around me.

Not that it's the same, but you get my point. ;)

That you were a crap LB?  :P   

(only jokin)

working on a few deals?

I should think the Gareth Barry deal will come back and haunt us.

god, we are bad decision makers at B6

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Worst case scenario is that Lambert is losing the dressingroom and is trying to strenghten his position by bringing in players who will have his back with Holt and Hoolahan.

Now i don't think this is the case or at least i really hope it's not the case, but it's not impossible.

To be fair, looks can be deceiving. I was once playing football at LB and came up against this short fat guy. I thought he'd be easy but he ran rings around me.

I get the point completely, I understand that. My argument here isn't really about Holt, it's more about just generally someone mocking me for suggesting that I'm deluded for thinking I can tell if someone is fat.

You could tell he was fat, but he was still physically fit, or at least in good shape (I'm assuming) and could play football. Holt is similar but on a professional level. Am I making sense? :S

so he's fat, but he's not fat, but he is fat? :detect:

He's fat but could be fit and physically in shape. You would need a medical to determine the physical capabilities but not his appearance

I'm only yanking his chain :blush:

I guessed that might be the case but I just kinda wanted to explain my point clearly because it appears it was misinterpreted. I'm not starting a slingmatch or biting, you've made some good points which I agree with. A couple I didn't agree but oh well I'll live.

I'm only yanking his chain :blush:

I guessed that might be the case but I just kinda wanted to explain my point clearly because it appears it was misinterpreted. I'm not starting a slingmatch or biting, you've made some good points which I agree with. A couple I didn't agree but oh well I'll live.

I understood, I was just playing with you :-)

That you were a crap LB?  :P   

(only jokin)

Nah you're probably right actually. :P

Looks like he has been eating to many of the pies in Wigan, whilst sitting on his fat arse on the bench doing nothing; btw the pies are **** bum in Wigan.

Edited by Avflife

If he is over weight just how long is it going to take him to get fit? what does this say about his motivation ffs he's supposed to be a professional footballer not a sumo wrestler!

I understand getting cover in for Kozak and I appreciate that Kozak isn't up to much but any player 100% not fit shouldn't be on Lambert's radar. I can only assume Lambert's is now in full panic mode and going back to the players who helped him a few years back, god help us.

maybe he can teach Benteke a thing or two.........................................................

Or maybe Randy is thinking our pies in the canteen are being thrown out too often and its a waste......

Worst case scenario is that Lambert is losing the dressingroom and is trying to strenghten his position by bringing in players who will have his back with Holt and Hoolahan.

Now i don't think this is the case or at least i really hope it's not the case, but it's not impossible.

Losing the dressing room? Did you see the difference his team talk made in the second half against Arsenal? Couldn't disagree more with that notion.

As for Holt - I think it makes sense. Low-risk, low-fee back-up and Lambert knows how to utilise him. We don't need to be spending money on another striker at this moment in time.

• Like 1

If he is over weight just how long is it going to take him to get fit? what does this say about his motivation ffs he's supposed to be a professional footballer not a sumo wrestler!

I understand getting cover in for Kozak and I appreciate that Kozak isn't up to much but any player 100% not fit shouldn't be on Lambert's radar. I can only assume Lambert's is now in full panic mode and going back to the players who helped him a few years back, god help us.

Looks like when Gabby bulked up to much under MON (I think) GH needs to stop stuffing his big mouth and learn to run and kick a football.

Edited by Avflife

Â