Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

Jesus if we bid 10mill that would be too much, now it's too little and abused for that.

Typical.

If I go into a shop where I know a loaf of bread is £1 then it's unlikely I'm gonna offer £10 for it - equally, I wouldn't embarrass my self by offering 50p. No abuse - just common sense. Take your blinkers off - we're a shambles....

• Like 1

Don't forget Norwich are pretty close to us in league placings. If they sold him to us any price , it could be sale that keeps us up and sends them down. Unless they really need the money (which doubt) there is no reason for them to do business with us ....whatever the bid....

It's an issue because it antagonises Norwich even further. If we were serious about Hoolahan we might have blown it. Even if they are willing to talk to us now, it drags out the negotiation process. We've got some big games coming up we could really use some new faces in.

Or, worse still, that's an accurate representation of the amount of money we have to spend on a number 10 this window. That scares the hell out of me.

Edited by TJVillan
  • Like 1

Jesus if we bid 10mill that would be too much, now it's too little and abused for that.

Typical.

If I go into a shop where I know a loaf of bread is £1 then it's unlikely I'm gonna offer £10 for it - equally, I wouldn't embarrass my self by offering 50p. No abuse - just common sense. Take your blinkers off - we're a shambles....

Except Hoolahan isn't in a shop and he doesn't have a set price.

It's an issue because it antagonises Norwich even further. If we were serious about Hoolahan we might have blown it. Even if they are willing to talk to us now, it drags out the negotiation process. We've got some big games coming up we could really use some new faces in.

Or, worse still, that's an accurate representation of the amount of money we are willing to spend on a number 10 this window. That scares the hell out of me.

Corrected!

Or, worse still, that's an accurate representation of the amount of money we have to spend on a number 10 this window.

Pretty much my thinking, depressing stuff. We really need to bring some new faces in before/during the run of games we have coming up, faffing about with bids of £750k or £1m 'in instalments' for fun is ridiculous, unless (as you say) that is literally what we have to work with. The latter would make sense based on our activity/amount of expenditure on players last January (and in the Summer and the Summer before that).

• Like 1

Typical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ucV-14LHw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Difference is a player doesn't have a fixed price tag like a loaf of bread.

There's variables, including player power, and some bargaining to be done. Would you buy something from a market without a bit of bartering.

• Like 1

Â