Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

Jesus - he broke Benteke staying, Kozak signing, numerous team selections \ injuries - It might even be Lambo himself - The most ITK poster we have ever had

But that doesn't mean he is right in his judgement that things will get better. It requires more than ITK for that to come true - it needs a competent manager and I'm afraid my faith on that front has been severely dented in December. Edited by blandy

Lescott isn't being played much by City and is a Villa fan & might want to try and get into the England team next year??

That's another guess for the loan, although I'm guessing it will probably be the AM that is the loan.

Signing a new higher profile player at this time might be seen as part of the long term 5 year plan or as a panic quick fix because we are once again imploding in december.

All depends on your level of cynicism i guess

Unless it was meant to happen next Summer but the process has been sped up because of performances.

Who knows, we'll see I guess (if we do indeed get some signings in)

Lescott isn't being played much by City and is a Villa fan & might want to try and get into the England team next year??

That's another guess for the loan, although I'm guessing it will probably be the AM that is the loan.

Has also recently said he feels he wants to prove himself etc etc:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/29/joleon-lescott-manuel-pellegrini-manchester-city

You say "where the club was when he took over" like he's actually improved us. We've gone backwards if anything but as long as you keep saying its a rebuilding job and "5 year plan" then its all ok.

I'm supposed to feel better because we'll get some budget AM that will probably be the managers 3rd or 4th choice?

Don't wish to argue but fighting relegation with a small wage bill isn't the same as fighting relegation with a massive wage bill and with players who cost mega money.

Theres no excuse for yet another relegation fight either way but yes you are right.

I am just wondering whether that exciting loan player could be De Bruyne. Obviously he's not getting a game at Chelsea and he would give our side such a lift and be playing alongside his fellow countryman and getting himself back into form for the world cup.

• Like 1

Can't see Milner happening unless he forces the move. Seems to be liked as a squad player by Pellegrini. Usually subbed on at some point every game.

No he's part of the Man city first team squad. Can't see it being Young either

Good post HH. I don't know anything about your past record with predicting Villa news but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now!

Christ, are people actually suggesting Milner again? :rolleyes: Has it skipped your mind that only Negredo and Navas have played more times for City this season, that he earns 10x what our new players do, that he recently put in a man of the match performance to help City win from 2-0 down at Bayern Munich, or that City are competing in 4 competitions and clearly need the squad depth?

Hoolahan and Pilkington seem viable if uninspiring options.

From the top clubs - De Bruyne, Rodwell, Anderson, Zaha, Guidetti, Miyaichi, Luis Alberto could all be options for a loan signing. Spurs have 8 trillion midfielders but Sherwood seems to be using them all - when he works out who he wants and who he doesn't, we might be able to snare one of them on loan. I've seen a few mention Essien has played 3 games all season, but his wages are clearly off the scale. I'm struggling to think of anyone else in the premier league that is realistic and attainable that might actually help us out.

• Like 1

Signing a new higher profile player at this time might be seen as part of the long term 5 year plan or as a panic quick fix because we are once again imploding in december.

All depends on your level of cynicism i guess

Unless it was meant to happen next Summer but the process has been sped up because of performances.

Who knows, we'll see I guess (if we do indeed get some signings in)

Yes, i've asked HH (twice) if the original "plan" has been revised, but haven't gotten an answer 

Again I wish to state my gratitude to HH for his insight into what's happening with our club and please continue to post what you can HH.

However I'm sure there are those who are questioning the timing of this post. The beginning of discontent on the terraces coupled with pro Lambert fans beginning to turn due to consistently poor performances on the pitch and what better way to nullify that by leaking the content of the said post onto a public forum which in the past has had a direct line to the club.

I am not questioning the validity of HH being someone who is obviously close to staff at the club but just stating that cynics might say what a glorious opportunity to nullify increasing discontent within the fan base by releasing such information to buy Lerner more time to recoup most of his investment while Lambert is given yet more patience by the fans to turn us around without further unrest?

That would be a cynic's view.

• Like 4

Milner has been playing a bit recently for City, no chance it's him.

Best two suggestions I've seen so far are Sigurdsson and Holtby from Spurs. Spurs have a billion midfielders to pick from so it's not like they'd be short there if they let either go and both would improve us. Given Levy is quite frugal with wages there I doubt either are on massive money either.

Being realistic, maybe someone like James Morrison from West Brom? Always impressed me against us in the past yet for whatever reason isn't getting many games for WBA at the minute. A midfielder who can chip in with goals.