Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

Think we can discount the number 10 being De Bruyne or Ince, more likely Pilkington or Snodgrass from Norwich. Hopefully the other two signings are a winger and Lescott on loan from City.

Edited by Avflife

Why do people automatically think if this is cynical it's on the clubs behalf? If anything it's very Lambert serving rather than avfc serving. Nothing wrong with that either. 

I agree with the first two sentences here but couldn't disagree more with the third! 

I think it is wrong, so wrong, if true (and it certainly seems that way). This is a fan's forum where fans give their views about their club. Is it OK for these sorts of discussions to be launched obh the manager? - I emphasise, IF that is what is happening. It would be healthier if we all knew exactly what is going on, who is posting, on whose behalf, and what the quality and coverage of the info really is.

(PS the OP seems to have succeeded in getting many posters swapping names of fantasy loan signings rather than slagging off the manager. All I can say is this had better be a VERY GOOD loan signing now to meet the expectations that have been raised.)

• Like 3

I don't buy this idea that this is just club PR. Getting someone to post about signings when they don't plan to deliver on them is pointless because it only buys them a month and makes people even more pissed off if nothing happens after all.

Edited by Mantis

What hasn't really been answered and is still being asked. Is why has Lambert resorted to this awful football. Surely its not helping the players confidence playing this poor football style. We have seen the guys play good football before without Benteke, so why have we been playing this way lately?

I don't buy this idea that this is just club PR. Getting someone to post about signings when they don't plan to deliver on them is pointless because it only buys them a month and makes people even more pissed off if nothing happens after all.

Not to mention the fact that hairy hands hasn't exactly given glowing reviews of the funding provided by lerner.

I think it's a pretty simple thing, to be honest. As HH says, on the downside the Level of possession and quality of performance. S H I T. completely and utterly.

A number of signings don't look to be up to the level required for the prem.

We're playing as badly as we were under any previous manager.

On the upside, the place was a mess, with all the wage and attitude problems and so on. It was never going to be a quick job.

The first 11 is IMO mid table standard. The rest is relegation standard.

At the games I get the feeling (which I share) that people overwhelmingly want PL to succeed, but are losing patience, seeing so many inept home performances.

Ultimately I don't think changing the manager is the right move, at the moment, but things have to get better. For all the long term plans, creditable as they are, poor results over a sustained period means the sack

Excellent post …. incisive but fair.

another reminder about the guidelines. Please do not post about other posters. Please stick to the subject of the thread. There are many posters on this site who use pseudonyms. Do not, please post about who you think they are, or might be, or what you think about them. Them's the rules. thanks

We are all pissed off and skeptical. but as useless as we are at the moment I think the wise thing to do is back lambert and see what happens. If we do carry on like this we will definately be in danger of going down. Like HH said at some point in time their will be no excuses. I really hope lambert succeds but he can't do it on his own. He's needs backing, I think the way the villa crowd has stuck with him says it all. Granted a few are losing faith or have lost faith but I still think he has the fans. I suppose its hard to look at the bigger picture at times but a lot of work was needed at this club and still is. Its not so much the results that piss me off its the performances

• Like 2

Again I wish to state my gratitude to HH for his insight into what's happening with our club and please continue to post what you can HH.

However I'm sure there are those who are questioning the timing of this post. The beginning of discontent on the terraces coupled with pro Lambert fans beginning to turn due to consistently poor performances on the pitch and what better way to nullify that by leaking the content of the said post onto a public forum which in the past has had a direct line to the club.

I am not questioning the validity of HH being someone who is obviously close to staff at the club but just stating that cynics might say what a glorious opportunity to nullify increasing discontent within the fan base by releasing such information to buy Lerner more time to recoup most of his investment while Lambert is given yet more patience by the fans to turn us around without further unrest?

That would be a cynic's view.

Another excellent post …. although …. HH may be indicating that PL is challenging RL's young and hungry policy with his January wish list. 

Edited by villabromsgrove

I like and agree with the logic in the post from HairyHands...problem is time is a commodity that is seldom seen in football. Again results such as the one against Palace do not help and define why people have seen enough because of the embarrassing nature of it.

We need a lift and that would be attained in making three signings to bolster the first eleven and better what we currently have.

As for the awful football question......I clearly can't answer that! Still the same things in training as went on last year. I'd just suggest we've had too many key players missing at various stages and some of the plans haven't worked out as well. For example, if Tonev was on top form then you'd be included to develop a system which gets him in the best positions and on the ball as often as possible. But no-one has really stood up and been counted this season.

I agree with this, players are too quick to get rid of the ball and are not giving 100% (I think confidence has gone, perhaps this stops them giving it all), it shows.

This is where two or three players to take the game by the scruff of the neck is key.

The standard of football was so poor yday though HH, not only did we constantly launch the ball, but the lack of movement, the lack of support for the player in possession, the failure to keep the ball in our possession for any sustained period of time, was the worrying thing for me.

What happened to the high line, pressing game that was so successful against Arse and Chelsk?We seemed to have the players for that away rom home, what happened to an alternative system to play at home, wheres the quality in the subs.........PL might not have been able to bring in the players he wanted, but which manager has?You spend your money more wisely, and its the tactics more than the players that worries me tbh.

You have to hand it to them.

They know exactly how to play sections of the support to take the mind off other, perhaps more important matters.

I wonder how long it'll be until that Incognito fella returns on Twitter.....

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 2

You have to hand it to them.

They know exactly how to play sections of the support to take the mind off other, perhaps more important matters.

I wonder how long it'll be until that Incognito fella returns on Twitter.....

Why would "they" feed wrong information to the fans when it'll only make them more pissed off once January has come and gone and there are no new signings?

I don't think this is the club feeding us information anyway.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1