Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

I understand people more interested in the team getting better right now but can I ask what you think of the points I've made for where the club were when he took over and the things that had to be done?

It takes only a little effort to understand Lambert's predicament and your post is in line with my understanding.  Clearly, none of us fans know the complete inside story.  You mentioned that perhaps the transition was too quick - maybe so, but we should not look back and continue to improve the quality of our team.  I posted earlier that Lambert has my support as manager and will continue to do so.  He must be afforded the financial backing from the chairman - not to the same ridiculous levels as before (MON et al.), but enough so that we remain competitive in this league.  

• Like 1

If people want proof they should look at HH's comments about lineups before matches.

Or the Benteke thread:-

"Might have some good news for you guys in a few minutes"  - 15 mins later its official he signs a new deal......

If HH is a proven ITK I apoligise.

However, I have a right to be cynical. What prove is there that he is a proven in the know?!

Im calling bullshit. Hope im proven wrong...I wont be.

There are many reasons he wont come out and say who he is as common sense would suggest. just be aware he has been proven by the mods and comments he has made and we are damn fortunate to have him comment on this forum. also dont give false apologies, it is wrong to say I apologize then say he is a fake.

Another one - maybe it was when I was away in another country but I have not seen this "proof" - nor seen the mods endorsement. A lot are claiming it so surely it's easy to show and then we can forget all of this - is he / isn't he and discuss far more important matters - cheers

Drat I can't tell you which mod because it would betray a confidence but I can tell you HH has been verified by the moderation on site.

• Like 1

For the fun of it let's go along with this plan idéa.

The plan was it set by Lerner,/ Lambert or / Lerner & Lambert together?

I'd also like to know if the original plan set when Lambert signed still stands or if not how many times and why it has been revised.

Was it revised when some of the bombsquad didn't get rid of, when we found out Benteke to be a huge asset, when the new tv-deal was signed, when some of the young & hungry turned out to be below par, last december when we imploded or this december when we once again struggle badly.

I relegation a calculated risk?

If people want proof they should look at HH's comments about lineups before matches.

Or the Benteke thread:-

"Might have some good news for you guys in a few minutes"  - 15 mins later its official he signs a new deal......

The press had that info early enough also

Although I have doubted the figures pushed by HH, there is absolutely no doubt he is ITK. You'd think revealing the team selection days in advance would be proof enough right?

• Like 3

Draft, rather than tell you the starting line-up for the Sunderland game how about I predict what is said in the media conference? :P

:D - Draft - I love it you Hairy Glands :P

All I asked for was some of this "certified" proof and Mods endorsement - you would think I had asked for PIN's and account numbers. - ah well I will leave you to this

• Like 1

If HH is a proven ITK I apoligise.

However, I have a right to be cynical. What prove is there that he is a proven in the know?!

Im calling bullshit. Hope im proven wrong...I wont be.

There are many reasons he wont come out and say who he is as common sense would suggest. just be aware he has been proven by the mods and comments he has made and we are damn fortunate to have him comment on this forum. also dont give false apologies, it is wrong to say I apologize then say he is a fake.
Another one - maybe it was when I was away in another country but I have not seen this "proof" - nor seen the mods endorsement. A lot are claiming it so surely it's easy to show and then we can forget all of this - is he / isn't he and discuss far more important matters - cheers

You've been presented with the proof above. That you haven't witnessed it yourself or that you choose not to believe it is neither here not there really. You've asked for it and it has been given.

Dave - what proof? - there is absolutely no proof at all - nor are there the validations from the mods etc - this is frankly ridiculous surely it would be easy to show clear evidence based on what some are saying, how come you nor any of the others will do that?

Have you ever heard of confidences. If you dont want to believe in HH then fine - dont, I would rather this thread be filled with comments about what HH had to say than read comments about his validity.. 

• Like 1

I'm not going to name the player. I can't. It isn't the player already mentioned. But the manager has already identified him and carried out some background work to find out how much he would cost and what his wages would need to be. It is now down to RL or PF to take it from there. Other options are being explored. Listen, I can't say 100 per cent they will happen but it does look slightly more encouraging right now which is good.

Lol typical 'ITK'.

You cant say who it is and in case your wrong, or made it up, you say it might not happen and he has other options to cover your back.

You know shit.

Hmmm...  

Team news ahead of announcement

Signings ahead of arriving

Injury insights

Who's brought in / who's dropped based on midweek training

Budget and planning info

Yeah, clearly he knows nothing at all  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

given what he has posted before regarding benteke, team selections etc i guess he is someone close to lambert. of course that brings with it a bias and posts that seek to make excuses for lamberts poor performance. (though that is pretty understandable, and i think he has provided good debate)

i would question statements he has made regarding fees/wages etc, which seek to paint lambert as being given a pittance and doing the best he can with a small amount of money available.  He previously stated players had been signed for way less than the reported fees, until Risso dug out the accounts which showed that infact the total fees were pretty much spot on to what had been reported.  so i will hold off from believing that there are all these other clubs out there who can knock us out of the park on wages offered, and we can only go for kids from lower leagues.

• Like 2

HH is so obviously ITK it's ridiculous to think otherwise. He's been posting on here for surely nearly a year now? If he was just guessing and making it up I'm pretty sure we'd all know about it. The fact is I don't think he's ever got anything wrong, from team selections, to signings, injurys etc. Always 100% spot on. 

And thanks for the post HH - it sounds like Lambert's transfer ideas are positive ones which I think will benefit the team. Let's hope RL&PF can get them in.

• Like 1

. He's a 100% certified ITK and even the cynics on here accept that. It's bollocks like this that drives people like HH away.

Indeed, he is probably the first real ITK that VT has ever had.

The rest are merely crumb throwers or worse.

• Like 2

given what he has posted before regarding benteke, team selections etc i guess he is someone close to lambert. of course that brings with it a bias and posts that seek to make excuses for lamberts poor performance. (though that is pretty understandable, and i think he has provided good debate)

i would question statements he has made regarding fees/wages etc, which seek to paint lambert as being given a pittance and doing the best he can with a small amount of money available.  He previously stated players had been signed for way less than the reported fees, until Risso dug out the accounts which showed that infact the total fees were pretty much spot on to what had been reported.  so i will hold off from believing that there are all these other clubs out there who can knock us out of the park on wages offered, and we can only go for kids from lower leagues.

Just for reference, this is what a sensible opposing opinion in this thread looks like. Take some notes. Notice how he addresses the issues raised and the potential bias of the ITK.

• Like 2

I was sold on HH when he told us about Benteke's knee injury night before the Stoke games. It wasn't reported anywhere and I told my mates about it. Lo and behold come kick off time he was out with a knee injury.

HH can I ask. Are you on here with the blessing of the club because they seem reluctant to share anything with us?

• Like 1

THE START: Was a bit shit.

THIS SEASON: Not improved despite spending money

THE FUTURE: More shit.

The idea that Pilkington will stop us being relegated is kinda amusing. As is the majority of signings being on 5k-15k. Sorry I just don't buy it.

Even 5k a week is too much for the likes of Bennett, Tonev, Bowery etc.

POSTERS ARE ASKED TO ABIDE BY THE SITE GUIDELINES. SPECIFICALLY DO NOT POST ABOUT OTHER POSTERS. DO NOT ABUSE POSTERS. REMAIN ON TOPIC. ANY MORE BREACHES AND ACTION WILL BE TAKEN. PLEASE JUST REMAIN CIVIL AND ALL WILL BE WELL