Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

I find the timing of the topic quite suspicious too to be honest, smacks of club PR but as I said earlier i'll believe it when I see it.

I don't doubt it's club PR. At the same time though if the contents is true it might be the club feel a bit hard done by the criticism, particularly if they have some plans for January that'll turn this ship around, and therefore wanted to let us know they're on top of it. Or something.

Which of the midfielders playing at the moment aren't first choice?  Because they're a fairly dismal unit, who can neither pass, protect the defence or create chances for the forwards.

I expect the loan will be Robbie Keane again.

I'd actually be very happy with that. He was great for us and quite visibly turned the team around. However I have a feeling I read somewhere that he said he was done with the half term loans? He's probably tired of having to visit all of his dream clubs.

• Like 1

HH clearly works at Bodymoor Heath with the first team squad and has a direct line to Lambert.

Before the Stoke game he said Benteke was injured while all the press in their Saturday previews were still naming him in the starting 11. He said Herd was injured before Man. United which caused a team rethink, Lambert said this right after the game. A few other tidbits here and there which I'd like HH to know many of us on VT appreciate.

I have an idea who he is but I could be completely wrong. I'm fairly sure when Lambert eventually leaves he'll follow him so he'll either just not post again or reveal whoever he is.

As to this thread I've said elsewhere I still remember the buzz I had the night Darren Bent signed. It gave the whole place a lift (in a relegation battle), we beat Man. City next game and picked up results wise afterwards.

I don't expect Lambert to pull anything out like that given his budget but just shows a decent signing or two can lift the place and obviously the team so would love if possible to get one or two in before the Arsenal game if possible which is 15 days away.

I enjoy HH's input here. I'd be interested to know why HH decide to come on here? Did Lambert instruct him or did he just come on here just to see what the fans were thinking and relaying that to the gaffer. I noticed you signed up a year ago today so right after the Wigan home game which we lost 3 nil so all this must seem like groundhog day!

The reason so many are depressed is not league position (as we've been in worse over the last 3 seasons) but the terrible football we now play game in game out (please tell me the training at Bodymoor consists of more than just running around and getting fitness to the required standard) and our continual shocking home form (2 wins in 10 games can not be positively spun). A lot more fans would be more patient if we looked like winning at Villa Park on a regular basis, it's not a huge amount to ask.

• Like 2

Signing a new higher profile player at this time might be seen as part of the long term 5 year plan or as a panic quick fix because we are once again imploding in december.

All depends on your level of cynicism i guess

• Like 1