Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

Ignoring the quite frankly pathetic 'better than you' fan bollocks from some people who you'd normally expect better from....

You have to hand it to them.

They know exactly how to play sections of the support to take the mind off other, perhaps more important matters.

I wonder how long it'll be until that Incognito fella returns on Twitter.....

I know what you mean, but I would rather have some insight than nothing. Also allowing the fans to fester doesn't help anything. Lets face it, if PL doesn't manage to sign these key players and the situation doesn't turn round the fans will come down on him like a ton of bricks,

Personally, I'd rather communication from a face, some sort of message from the people who were all too happy to be chatting to the media about how great we are for getting business done early but at now very quiet now it turns out that business was a waste of their money. The attitude of "We'll talk to the media when we've got something to say" displayed to the BBC this week is a little disappointing, and hardly helpful when trying to keep fans 'on side'. 

I have no doubt they will try to bring in someone cheap. I don't think the likes of Pilkington will add anything to this team (Norwich fans have been complaining about him being injured a lot recently). He bought seven players in the Summer and each of the ones he's played have been shite, so excuse me for not getting excited about another one. Especially seeing as the squad is top heavy already and the defence is the biggest problem in the side.

John - There wasn't a hint of "better fan than you bollocks" intended in my post. I don't go the game either, I'm not giving Lerner any more of my cash for the time being.

Edited - Got my John's and my Richard's mixed up.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

HH thanks for the post. I think we all can see what is happening, and hope for the success of Lambert as this would mean our Villa is doing well. Yes some would like it to happen sooner but ultimately we all want the same.

Lets hope Lerner/Faulkner can get the deals done early.

Interesting to hear that PL would've kept some experience looking back. Hypothetically who would this have been?

Any idea on the academy players, HH?

Any plans to incorporate them or if the managers rate them?

Hairyhands has said that lambert watches every academy home match on here before. I know that doesn't answer your question, but sort of relevant

Ignoring the quite frankly pathetic 'better than you' fan bollocks from some people who you'd normally expect better from....

You have to hand it to them.

They know exactly how to play sections of the support to take the mind off other, perhaps more important matters.

I wonder how long it'll be until that Incognito fella returns on Twitter.....

I know what you mean, but I would rather have some insight than nothing. Also allowing the fans to fester doesn't help anything. Lets face it, if PL doesn't manage to sign these key players and the situation doesn't turn round the fans will come down on him like a ton of bricks,

Especially seeing as the squad is top heavy already and the defence is the biggest problem in the side.

no it isn't.

A defence that is much improved is worse than a midfield that can't get hold of the ball and a strike force that doesn't score?

Weird logic also that you think our defence is the worst part of the team because our 4th and 5th choice CB's are starting. What are we meant to do? Buy 2 more CB's in case of injuries? Really bizarre logic.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

no it isn't.

Looking at the prospect of going into a six-pointer, away at Sunderland, with Herd and Baker as central 'defenders', I respectfully disagree.

Aye but come on, we're three central defenders down. Central defence is probably our deepest area and thank god it is or it could be even worse.

The defence is far from perfect, but the cause of that is that Vlaar is out, as well as Okore. The full backs are pretty weak, but I think the permanent gaping chasm in between our defenders and attackers, where other teams usually have a midfield, is far more worrying.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

A defence that is much improved is worse than a midfield that can't get hold of the ball and a strike force that doesn't score?

Weird logic also that you think our defence is the worst part of the team because our 4th and 5th choice CB's are starting. What are we meant to do? Buy 2 more CB's in case of injuries? Really bizarre logic.

Improved in that they haven't broken the clubs record defeat in the Premier League this season...Baker and Clark are both rotten...Okore - who knows? I'm not advocating signing a defender in case of injuries - I'm suggesting signing a decent defender to play alongside Vlaar, who can step up to be the senior player when one of the chuckle brothers has to come in when Vlaar picks up another injury.

Sure, the attacking options need improving - but he's already spent most of the summer's budget on that area and we have players he's signed not making any appearances.

Why not apply the same logic - the same strike force that scored lots last season, and currently has Benteke out. Perhaps we don't need to sign anyone? If we played the ball on the ground and actually tried to play football I think we'd find goal scoring a lot more easier.

Edited by Pilchard

Improved in that they haven't broken the clubs record defeat in the Premier League this season...Baker and Clark are both rotten...Okore - who knows? I'm not advocating signing a defender in case of injuries - I'm suggesting signing a decent defender to play alongside Vlaar, who can step up to be the senior player when one of the chuckle brothers has to come in when Vlaar picks up another injury.

Why not apply the same logic - the same strike force that scored lots last season, and currently has Benteke out. Perhaps we don't need to sign anyone? If we played the ball on the ground and actually tried to play football I think we'd find goal scoring a lot more easier.

But you didn't say that. You said the defence was the worst part of the team because of Baker and Herd starting. Who happen to be our 4th and 5th choice CB's. Even Clark (who you're completely irrational about) is only 3rd choice. Any team in the PL would be shit at the back with their 4th and 5th choice CB's starting.

Also, improved that we have the same amount of clean sheets as last year already. 

As for applying the same logic, I'd say the midfield is our worst area and it hasn't had prolonged injury problems.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

The midfield is the biggest problem I reckon.  None of Westwood, Tonev, KEA or Sylla are anywhere near Premier League quality.  They don't do anything well, either in terms of protecting the defence, retaining possession, winning the ball back or creating chances for the strikers.  It's as bad a midfield as I've seen in many a long year.

• Like 1

Also, improved that we have the same amount of clean sheets as last year already.

I agree it's improved (but we haven't played the likes of Man Citeh away, Man Utd away yet....). But it's still the worst defence in the Premier League talent wise - and that's where Lambert deserves a bit of praise as they are at least organised better. Just a shame about his purchases, style of play and results, really :)

Edited by Pilchard